• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Indians @ Angels (05/17/2021): Ward leading off, Upton benched again, no Fletcher

Angels won and that is the most important thing.

But Ward leading off ultimately meant he got more plate appearances in the game than Rendon, Walsh, and Trout’s spot in the lineup.

Honestly I would lead off Rendon or even Walsh before I put Ward in the top spot.

Edited by Dtwncbad

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Angels won and that is the most important thing.

But Ward leading off ultimately meant he got more plate appearances in the game than Rendon, Walsh, and Trout’s spot in the lineup.

Honestly I would lead off Rendon or even Walsh before I put Ward in the top spot.

If Rendon looked healthy I’d actually be good with him leading off. But he’s definitely not 100% with his legs right now.

Just now, Don said:

If Rendon looked healthy I’d actually be good with him leading off. But he’s definitely not 100% with his legs right now.

Leading off isn’t all about legs.  If he is healthy enough to be in the lineup you should probably feel free to bat him anywhere you need him in the lineup.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Leading off isn’t all about legs.  If he is healthy enough to be in the lineup you should probably feel free to bat him anywhere you need him in the lineup.

I get ya. It’s just hard to hit a guy lead off when he looks like he’s hurting running at 3/4 effort.

8 minutes ago, Don said:

I get ya. It’s just hard to hit a guy lead off when he looks like he’s hurting running at 3/4 effort.

I don’t really care if he just goes up there hacking.  My main point is I really don’t like having a guy like Ward getting more plate appearances in a game that Rendon, Walsh, and Trout (had he not left with injury) due to trying to insert a substitute leadoff hitter.

If Fletcher is clicking then sure have him leadoff.

If not, don’t stick Ward in there.

Let’s put it this way.  . .

If the Angels were down a run going into the bottom of the ninth, would you want Ward, Ohtani, Trout coming up over any combination of Ohtani, Trout, Rendon, Walsh?

I wouldn’t.  So why go through a whole game like that?

Edited by Dtwncbad

11 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don’t really care if he just goes up there hacking.  My main point is I really don’t like having a guy like Ward getting more plate appearances in a game that Rendon, Walsh, and Trout (had he not left with injury) due to trying to insert a substitute leadoff hitter.

If Fletcher is clicking then sure have him leadoff.

If not, don’t stick Ward in there.

Let’s put it this way.  . .

If the Angels were down a run going into the bottom of the ninth, would you want Ward, Ohtani, Trout coming up over any combination of Ohtani, Trout, Rendon, Walsh?

I wouldn’t.  So why go through a whole game like that?

You’re not wrong there. I’m just worried that Rendon isn’t fully healthy, and I hope he doesn’t hurt himself with a lead off sort of mentality. Hopefully that becomes a non-issue in the next few days. To be honest a 1-4 of Rendon, Ohtani, Trout, Walsh would be freaking sick.