• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Indians @ Angels (05/17/2021): Ward leading off, Upton benched again, no Fletcher

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Gameday Thread: Indians @ Angels (05/17/2021): Ward leading off, Upton benched again, no Fletcher

Well, there's a line-up we didn't envisage 20 games ago, hope the buzz of last night's win builds into some momentum and we start a win streak. We are well over due one and there is plenty of talent in that line-up. But hey, whatever, Shohei's playing! Woohoo! I wonder what crazy new things the unicorn is going to do tonight. 

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what Sandoval can do tonight. 

I do too, TG.  I really root for the guy.  

Unfortunately, I’m envisioning 4 innings, a 75 pitch limit count, and a white knuckle, bullpen by committee completion to the game.

And channel surfing to catch an AB or 2 by Albert also.

34 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Ward leading off is annoying.

No way. Outside of Trout and Rendon he has the best plate discipline by far of anyone on the team. His career minor league OBP was .398. He offers some speed and power as well. 

Ward is our best internal option at leadoff until Marsh is ready. 

12 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what Sandoval can do tonight. 

8 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I do too, TG.  I really root for the guy.  

Unfortunately, I’m envisioning 4 innings, a 75 pitch limit count, and a white knuckle, bullpen by committee completion to the game.

And channel surfing to catch an AB or 2 by Albert also.

If Sandoval has command of his fastball and keeps his curve and changeup in the lower half of the zone, he'll do really well tonight. 

Unfortunately he's got a lot of C.J. Wilson and Hector Santiago in him. The Nibbler! 

Hopefully he can improve his command because he's got great stuff. 

10 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

If Sandoval has command of his fastball and keeps his curve and changeup in the lower half of the zone, he'll do really well tonight. 

Unfortunately he's got a lot of C.J. Wilson and Hector Santiago in him. The Nibbler! 

Hopefully he can improve his command because he's got great stuff. 

What a great trade. Maldonado for Sandoval 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

No way. Outside of Trout and Rendon he has the best plate discipline by far of anyone on the team. His career minor league OBP was .398. He offers some speed and power as well. 

Ward is our best internal option at leadoff until Marsh is ready. 

His minor league OBP is pretty meaningless when his major league OBP is .282.

It’s a major league game.

Further, are you comfortable with the idea that there is about a 44% chance that Ward will end up with more plate appearances in this game than at least one of Ohtani, Trout, Rendon or Walsh?

Edited by Dtwncbad

31 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I was about to question why Barria was up with the big club. I got the answer.

Now I got to bitch at the stupidity of deciding to bring Barria in from the pen where he has bombed miserably instead of starting where he had two seasons of success  

Meanwhile Sandavol has not had much success as a starter but has had some nice outings off the bench