• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Guess what Jeff Mathis is currently hitting

Mathis is proof that at least with catching there’s more than just stats.  Stats apparently do not quantify the pitcher/catcher relationship.  We used to say on here that no manager, other than Mike Scioscia would even start Jeff Mathis.  This place thought Dipoto was a genius because we traded Mathis and got an arm back in return (Was it Brad Mills?). Hell even to this day people on different forums actually believe that he only has a job because it’s “the good ol boys club”.  Yet Weaver, Haren and I think it was Greinke have all said he’s the best catcher they’ve pitched to.  Stats don’t support it but they know something the stats don’t know. Any opinion we have that differs from that is probably wrong.  I love it. In a day where analytics play a huge role in placing a number value on a player, Mathis just Mathiss and keeps sticking around.  It’s fascinating.  

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

I thought clicking on a thread titled "Guess what Mathis is currently hitting" would be about domestic violence

I was slightly worried about this too, especially since yk started this thread.

7 hours ago, ScottT said:

Jeff Mathis has a career WAR of 0.4.     He has to have one one the top earnings to WAR ratios of all time.  

One of the most amazing careers of all time, probably.  

I wonder who has made the most money and has a WAR less than 1.