• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shohei Ohtani: 100 years since a player made a pitching start while also leading the Majors in homers (7)

Chuck

17 minutes ago, Revad said:

You have to let him hit tomorrow

If we are fully healthy do we still let him hit?  So if Trout and Rendon are in the line up do we let Ohtani hit when you can assume he isn’t pitching more than 5 innings?  

45 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If we are fully healthy do we still let him hit?  So if Trout and Rendon are in the line up do we let Ohtani hit when you can assume he isn’t pitching more than 5 innings?  

Lets just move him to left field after he's done pitching.

7 hours ago, ukyah said:

honestly, it's the coolest thing in baseball. he's changing the game. if that's not Ruthian, then i don't know what is.

The power is certainly "Ruthian", the similar big swing as the Babe's. Routine 440 ft bombs.

Now get Trout and Rendon back and go on a winning streak!

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

I don't know and I'm just going to enjoy the fact that he is doing both. The "what if" game isn't my thing.

The thing I like most about Shohei is that he seems to just absolutely love playing baseball. Loved his little league sprint around the bases the other day, he seems to be a man really enjoying his life at the moment and for plenty of good reasons. It's a fine distraction to have these days that's for sure. It's been great fun watching his story unfold and I can't wait for whatever is next. Go Shohei!

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Even if he only pitches 5 innings, he could bat in the top of the 6th if his spot comes up. Or... depending on where they are in the batting order, his spot might not come up until the 7th or 8th inning.

Regardless, we are watching history in the making. Cool stuff.

30 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

The thing I like most about Shohei is that he seems to just absolutely love playing baseball. Loved his little league sprint around the bases the other day, he seems to be a man really enjoying his life at the moment and for plenty of good reasons. It's a fine distraction to have these days that's for sure. It's been great fun watching his story unfold and I can't wait for whatever is next. Go Shohei!

Good IPL match tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

At the end of PBKS innings I was feeling a bit disinterested but this chase has been fun as hell so far. Thought he'd got that run-out too.

Yeah, i thought I'd only watch 10 overs but now I'm probably watching it until it's finished.

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

If he pitches 5 innings, that means you only need at most 2 pitch hitters  when Ohtani is removed. 

3 ABs of Ohtani and two pitch hitters is better than you Ohtani nit batting.