• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The major league batting average average is .235

yk9001

46 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Wow. Genuinely surprised to see the Angels are the worst in the league for Fielding percentage .971 against a league average of .984. Aren't we supposed to be good at that? 

Have of the errors have to be a case of the Knoblauchs.   How did this team forget how to throw a baseball?

48 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Wow. Genuinely surprised to see the Angels are the worst in the league for Fielding percentage .971 against a league average of .984. Aren't we supposed to be good at that? 

It makes sense. This team has really bad defense if you’ve been watching. Almost every game has some weird circus-esque play.

What helps explains the gap is that hitters are swinging for the fences like previous years but the ball isn't clearing the fence nearly as often.

There also seems to be a higher disparity between hitters BAs than usual.  The league needs to adjust accordingly, seems the 3 outcome ballgame is coming to an end.

Just now, steveuk said:

Maybe I'm drunk but how on this forum do I often see posts quoted when the original post is nowhere to be seen in the thread? 

5 hours ago,  floplag said: 

And finally HRs: 
2020:  1.28
2010:  0.95
2000:  1.17
1990:  0.79
1980:  0.73

Basically over my lifetime of watching this game its something like this:
AVG:  down ~30 pts
OBP: roughly similar
SLG: up about 30 pts
Ks:  almost doubled.