• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This is a fun team

7 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

This team COULD have been exactly the same with Bauer.

I get it.  There is a budget.  Sometimes there is a time to break the budget.

The same could be said of all teams and owners man.  It is what it is.  It'd be fun to see this team add an extra 35+ million to their payroll, sure, but it wasn't going to happen, and given this, I prefer the team we have.

Just now, Warfarin said:

The same could be said of all teams and owners man.  It is what it is.  It'd be fun to see this team add an extra 35+ million to their payroll, sure, but it wasn't going to happen, and given this, I prefer the team we have.

Yes I know.  Except this team seemed like one that really needed that guy and the owner has a shot ton of money and the penalty for going over lux tax for one year is peanuts.

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yes I know.  Except this team seemed like one that really needed that guy and the owner has a shot ton of money and the penalty for going over lux tax for one year is peanuts.

Even the Yankees bent over backwards to stay below the luxury tax limit.  The Yankees are worth way more than our franchise and bring in a lot more revenue.  I hear what you are saying, but unfortunately, it's just the way most owners operate.

Look at it this way - you could be a fan of the Rockies, who paid another team 50mil+ to take their star 3B off their hands.  I'm thankful for the team we have now and look forward to the rest of this year, as well as the near future.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

We would be worse defensively at both positions.  Let’s not over complicate it.  Legares should start if Fowler doesn’t get it going.  

According to Maddon Walsh has looked good in RF and can play there if needed. 

I doubt Walsh is any worse than Fowler in RF. 

Rojas would be a step down from Walsh at 1B though. 

I do agree that Lagares should be starting in RF the majority of the time. 

55 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Well imagine what we'd be saying in 2019 if those Dodger games were the first 4 games of the year.

This year is different so far because we haven't seen them lose any games like this, so they might actually be consistent at it. But the bullpen could also go to shit and I don't think anyone would be shocked.

That was spring training... why is that even getting brought up?? Sounds like you're just trying to find things to damper the mood round here.

13 hours ago, TheLordofOuts said:

Cause winning is fun. 3 wins with no starter getting a W, Late inning run scoring.  They got stars in Trout, Rendon, Ohtani. And, they got up and comers in Fletcher, Walsh, CRod. Maybe, 2021 will be the start of another golden age of Halo fandom with the first being the Vlad years. 

What about the WS year before Vlad, with Salmon, Ersty, and Anderson...

33 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

What about the WS year before Vlad, with Salmon, Ersty, and Anderson...

Ah yes. I lumped the World Series as the beginning of the first golden age for Halo fans.  As much as we criticize Arte for his meddling ways, no one can deny that his first 5 years as owner were a lot of fun for us. 

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

Although I have enjoyed their play to date, let's be cautiously optimistic.  I believe we started 13-3 to start the 2018 season.  

Yeah, I think for now, it's best to just enjoy it a game at a time.  Can't extrapolate too much from 4 games.  We played well, it was fun to watch, and I hope we can continue to be just as competitive moving forward.

17 hours ago, TheLordofOuts said:

Cause winning is fun. 3 wins with no starter getting a W, Late inning run scoring.  They got stars in Trout, Rendon, Ohtani. And, they got up and comers in Fletcher, Walsh, CRod. Maybe, 2021 will be the start of another golden age of Halo fandom with the first being the Vlad years. 

tenor.gif

43 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Yeah, I think for now, it's best to just enjoy it a game at a time.  Can't extrapolate too much from 4 games.  We played well, it was fun to watch, and I hope we can continue to be just as competitive moving forward.

I completely disagree. I enjoy getting overly excited about the entire season after 4 games. 

• 4 weeks later...