• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels announce Dylan Bundy opening day starter

mmc

Anyone else would've been a mistake. 

Quintana hasn't been here long enough, nor is there even certainty that he would be better. Heaney has no claim on it other than being here for a long time, which is a horrible reason to use in picking an opening day starter. Ohtani probably has the best stuff among all options, but he hasn't earned it and there may be other reasons for delaying him anyway. Canning and Cobb wouldn't even be considerations. 

9 minutes ago, ukyah said:

good thing we had that awesome offseason to really improve our rotation.

oh well, at least we had that awesome offseason to really improve our bullpen.

shit.

We actually did improve our rotation (Quintana, Cobb > Teheran, Andriese) and for the first time in many years we have an actual legit closer in Iglesias. Mayers was a pretty damn closer last year as well.

Add in Ohtani and Buttrey who look much better this spring than they did last spring/season, I don't see how you couldn't be a little pumped.

12 minutes ago, ukyah said:

shit.

Yeah, I’m not really sure what the angst is about.  Bundy was easily our most consistent and reliable starter last year (not saying much but still) and he’s had a pretty good Spring Training so far.

Personally, I’m more than OK with this.

27 minutes ago, ukyah said:

shit.

So which free agent starter outside of Bauer would you have picked and would they have been better suited to start opening day?  

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

So which free agent starter outside of Bauer would you have picked and would they have been better suited to start opening day?  

two things.

firstly, i was just poking the hive.

secondly, i'm more than familiar with the narrowing field stradling traps. pass.

bundy is clearly the best choice on the angels roster. we all had hoped that he would be the second best choice for opening day, including you. cool your jets, iceman.

30 minutes ago, ukyah said:

two things.

firstly, i was just poking the hive.

secondly, i'm more than familiar with the narrowing field stradling traps. pass.

bundy is clearly the best choice on the angels roster. we all had hoped that he would be the second best choice for opening day, including you. cool your jets, iceman.

So good job being “that guy” in this thread. 

Don't care.

I only care who will the starting pitcher for a Game 1 of the playoffs, but opening day, it doesn't matter.  The season is long, things will happen to disrupt the idealized order of pitchers.  At this point, having a set of healthy, capable major league pitchers is a huge win.  I am so tired of trying to be excited for staffs built with the "let's see if so-and-so can regain their previous success."  Bundy deserves it.  I hope he pitches so well this season that the Angels have no choice but to offer an extension.

Edited by eligrba