• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ A's 3/5/21: Ohtani on the mound!

Just now, eligrba4ever said:

TV booth on Saturday will be Gubi and Jose. I wasn't listening too closely to Terry but he said Gubi and Jose will be working together in some upcoming games. Will Gubi and Jose be the long-term tV thing?

Yeah, I just posted about that at the bottom of the previous page.  I'm really hoping this isn't a test run for a long-term thing for this year.  I would honestly just mute the broadcasts if Mota is the regular PBP guy.

43 minutes ago, Fourts said:

Spring training is funny.  Lot's of people drunk on the Spring optimism.  I hope they are correct.  Personally, I'll slow play and wait until April/May to get too excited. 

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

I think the point is Ohtani's stuff looks really good. The results don't really matter at this point. If he's healthy, he's a TOR pitcher just based on stuff. 

Spring optimism that is dumb is like saying Cobb's stuff looks amazing and he's gonna be a TOR arm. Or Pujols is going to have another season like he did at 29 31. Those things are unrealistic, regardless of how good they do in Spring. Likewise, we won't really have a clear idea of questionable performers like, say, Upton or Walsh just based on Spring. 

22 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, I just posted about that at the bottom of the previous page.  I'm really hoping this isn't a test run for a long-term thing for this year.  I would honestly just mute the broadcasts if Mota is the regular PBP guy.

I watch most games on MLB TV, so if it’s Jose I’ll probably just watch the other team’s broadcast.

11 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

You guys wouldn't want to listen to Mota attempt to form sentences for 3 hours?

I only support this idea if someone makes Jose take a different hallucinogen before every game.

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Lol...

Good luck

you're not allowed to look at a guy's stuff and make a judgement on player unless you do so for a living.  And even still, it's just the first game of spring so you're not allowed to get excited.  #awfaithful

17 hours ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Adell has 3 BB's so far this spring. No hits, but the walks are promising. Yes, the K's are still there though. 

Here's a quote from Brandon Wood

"And it happened a lot that year. You’re in the box and there’s a disconnect between your brain, your vision and your body. The nerves have put you in a fright instead of fight mode and your mechanics change. Your mentality changes. You can’t see the ball.”

Unfortunately, this appears to be happening to Adell at the plate AND on the field.