• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ A's 3/5/21: Ohtani on the mound!

1 minute ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Adell has 3 BB's so far this spring. No hits, but the walks are promising. Yes, the K's are still there though. 

I like this a lot, and I think this more than anything is a ray of optimism. It show he's seeing the ball well. His timing is off, and his fielding level is close to the Anaheim HS JV team, but those two things will come with more reps and work in AAA. The fact that he is drawing walks and not chasing as much shows his growth. 

One thing I've seen in Spring re: pitchers is they go into outings determining what they want to work on. A pitch, a strategy, a location, etc. I think there's more stock in K's than BBs, for example. They're trying to paint a spot or work on a pitch more than throw a strike. But missing bats or catching guys looking means the stuff is playing well. 

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I do not like Jesse Chavez.

Wasn't a big fan the first time around. Not expecting to be this time. 

My single favorite memory was the story he told on a pregame show about his wife being a stevedore and having to work at least one day each month to keep her union card. That was a cool story. 

But not so great as far as "memories of a ballplayer" go.