• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What was your first job?

Tank

I also smudged in junior high school.

Lighting oil pots in the orange groves to keep them from freezing.

Worked all night and got excused from school since it was a local product.

$2 an hour. Big money back then, at least for me as a young guy.

57 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

"Box Office Poison" is one of the best things ever.

Man, Late Night Conan was so freaking great.

i miss good late night comedy. 

"chairmen of the bored" was pretty darn good, too.

4 hours ago, Tank said:

i'm impressed/surprised at how many of us had jobs that paid under the table.

Because in California you have to go through the school district to get a work permit as a teenager. But a lot of places couldn't get a work permit because it's unsuitable for a teen.  Like we working at a liquor store. 

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

As a freshman in HS I spent Spring Break doing a job with my dad (masonry). I dug ditches and mixed mud for 8 hours a day. That's when I knew I would go to college.

Now the only place you mix mud is in the bathroom. 

On 2/28/2021 at 3:55 PM, Justin said:

Installing sprinkler systems.  After the El Niño rains in '98, my grandmother - whose property was a half-acre, one half of which was wild canyon - asked me to upgrade her sprinkler system because her fire insurance was going to go up a ton without a new system.

Several of the neighbors were so impressed with the job my best friend and I did, they hired us to do the same for them. It was great; we ended up being employed for the entire summer, the money was good (great for teenagers, actually), and we could make our own hours, which meant we took extra-long lunch breaks at Home Depot every day because we both had a massive crush on the girl who worked the hot dog stand in the parking lot. I wonder if she still thinks of me the way I think of her. Probably not. 

To her, your justly another guy that stuffs a wiener in his mouth.