• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is prime Trout a better regular season performer at his sport (MLB) than prime Kobe was at his (NBA)?

JustATroutFan

4 hours ago, Jay said:

For me it's hard to use the word "dominant" to describe a baseball player, unless maybe if the player is a pitcher.

A guy that comes up to bat 4 times a game, reaches base 2 times, and scores maybe once, isn't dominant, but can still be the best player in the game.

Thats true. 

But a guy like Bonds at his peak....

But true. Its hard to call one player dominant whos not involved in every play.

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

9 hours ago, Jay said:

For me it's hard to use the word "dominant" to describe a baseball player, unless maybe if the player is a pitcher.

Pretty good point.

If he is the most dominant player in the sport, you'd think he'd be able to do better than limp into one feeble playoff stint in 10 years.

There isn't a person alive who gives a shit about the NBA regular season.  It is strictly a five month preseason to get in shape for the playoffs.

I am weirdly fascinated by the OP's Trout takes.  They are fresh, I guarantee you that.

I am hoping that the next is an in depth analysis of Mike Trout's method of tieing his shoes vis-a-vis Tom Brady's method.

12 hours ago, Jay said:

A guy that comes up to bat 4 times a game, reaches base 2 times, and scores maybe once, isn't dominant, but can still be the best player in the game.

I hear you in that a baseball player can't dominate the field like an NBA, NFL or (why not?) hockey player. But it is just a matter of semantics. Trout has been dominant over his peers as evinced by advanced statistics. It doesn't look the same on the field as in other sports, but it is quantifiable phenomena.

Maybe you guys didn't see the point if emphasis,  "according to the stat I saw on twitter".

Please keep that emphasis in mind on your comments.  

I made a passing comment and you guys are acting like we are in a court of law.

Dear God people drop it.  It's not worth my time to contine this debate.

Edited by stormngt