• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Which one are you choosing?

Tank

Honestly I wouldn't want to play as long as you would have to in order to net $500 million. It would just be a job for monetary gain.

Option B: 2 MVP, All Star game and a World Series is plenty along with the $55 million dollars, that is more than I could reasonably spend. It puts me fishing across the world by thirty since I'd probably have signed a team friendly extension buying out arbitration.

B checks off fame, championship and fortune without ending up with blown out knees or elbows you can't bend. How much better can you do than that?

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

A and it's not even close. I'd use the extra money to buy the team and get that championship.

You could even start a whole new league, and give yourself a title like "god of league". And with that kind of money, you could name the mvp award after yourself, and make every stadium have a statue of you, like the one of walt disney feeding kids or birds or whatever.

And 2 chicks at the same time, man.

16 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

You could even start a whole new league, and give yourself a title like "god of league". And with that kind of money, you could name the mvp award after yourself, and make every stadium have a statue of you, like the one of walt disney feeding kids or birds or whatever.

And 2 chicks at the same time, man.

People who don't know what you cant do with an extra $300 million lack an imagination.

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

Honestly I wouldn't want to play as long as you would have to in order to net $500 million. It would just be a job for monetary gain.

Option B: 2 MVP, All Star game and a World Series is plenty along with the $55 million dollars, that is more than I could reasonably spend. It puts me fishing across the world by thirty since I'd probably have signed a team friendly extension buying out arbitration.

B checks off fame, championship and fortune without ending up with blown out knees or elbows you can't bend. How much better can you do than that?

Yeah, some of this - I'd have to think that after so many seasons, I'd probably find that the whole grind of a season would get old, and I'd rather retire and enjoy the rest of my life.  Have seen too many people die before they could enjoy the fruits of what they'd saved.  

But it wouldn't be "Option B" either - no effin way I leave $450m on the table.  

But that's just me - seems most guys who get to that level never want to give it up - and there may be a lesson in that.

Imagine if Pujols had the following option - retire before this season and get $40m or stay and collect $30m - what do you think he'd choose?

I think he'd stay ...

any of them.  

how about making 20m over a 15 year career as a major leaguer with no AS or MVP or championships?  

cool.  sign me up.  

Basically, I'll take the career of Jeff Mathis.  Then I'd hang up the spikes at age 40 or so with a nice pension and become a front office guy.  Then a AGM, GM, and POBO and build a dynasty.  Then at age 62 or so, I'll become a special assistant and travel or enjoy time with my grand kids.