• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will you get the COVID-19 vaccine when it's available to you?

Will you get the COVID-19 vaccine when it's available to you?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Well, will you, punk?

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

My doctor friend was offered the vaccine last week and declined. He found the way the option was presented to him to be suspicious and decided to wait.

Was it in a back alley with a used needle or something? What was suspicious about it?

Just now, st1ckboy said:

Was it in a back alley with a used needle or something? What was suspicious about it?

It was because he was told that he could get it if he wanted, not that he had to get it or that they wanted him to get it or that it was recommended that he get it. It was made very clear that it would be his choice with no pressure, which is apparently very different from what he is used to.

47 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It was because he was told that he could get it if he wanted, not that he had to get it or that they wanted him to get it or that it was recommended that he get it. It was made very clear that it would be his choice with no pressure, which is apparently very different from what he is used to.

Interesting.

This is straight from our vaccine info:

Screenshot_20210103-145602_GroupMe.jpg

2 hours ago, calscuf said:

I would. We’re talking about a group of people (Americans) who stopped taking other vaccines because Jenny McCarthy told them to.  They don’t deserve to make up their own minds.

You do know that the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines use totally new method never before seen in a vaccine before right?  And these got pushed through for emergency authorization like hydrochlorinique and remdisivir and a slew of other drugs and devices because of Covid.  Heck, one of them showed that it has an efficacy rate of 70% for a set in the population, and yet, it was still approved.  Heck, they didn't even know that severe allergic reactions can happen with this drug, till the guinea pigs started taking it.  What else are the drug companies not telling us, in order to mass sell their drugs?

3 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Does anyone believe that the government should make them mandatory?

I don’t agree with mandating the vaccine for this specifically right now.  But I do think we need to see much more robust public education campaigns about why people should not be afraid of vaccines generally and why this one specifically is important.  We actually do need people to broadly accept it.  That’s a challenge though, I’m not sure what the best way to communicate this message to people in a broad and trust worthy way is.  I suppose with peoples doctors.  I guess with many different approaches.  This news about many medical people refusing it.  That seems bad.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

Good question though MT.  What about other vaccines ? I’m not opposed to schools requiring vaccinations for the whole slate of things they often require vaccinations for.  I mean, I can’t say I’m too concerned about peoples freedom to decide about vaccines if it means we’re going to end up with polio or small pox coming back.  At some point we have to let the general well being of the community come before the individuals demand to be a fucking moron.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t agree with mandating the vaccine for this.  But I do think we need to see much more robust public education campaigns about why people should not be afraid of vaccines generally and why this one specifically is important.  We actually do need people to broadly accept it.  That’s a challenge though, I’m not sure what the best way to communicate this message to people in a broad and trust worthy way is.  I suppose with peoples doctors.  I guess with many different approaches.  This news about many medical people refusing it.  That seems bad.  

Or maybe the medical people know more about medicine, than people who are told by politicians to take an experimental drug?

In 10 years, people on this board will probably look back, and call me and those that are questioning taking these drugs, idiots for not taking these drug.  But today, I for one, would not take an experimental drug that was rushed through the approval process in the name of panic.  Lucky for me, I'm low on the priority list, so I can wait to see the effects a few months down the line, then make a more informed decision.

14 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Or maybe the medical people know more about medicine, than people who are told by politicians to take an experimental drug?

In 10 years, people on this board will probably look back, and call me and those that are questioning taking these drugs, idiots for not taking these drug.  But today, I for one, would not take an experimental drug that was rushed through the approval process in the name of panic.  Lucky for me, I'm low on the priority list, so I can wait to see the effects a few months down the line, then make a more informed decision.

k, slow down here.  Most medical people who are offered it are taking it.  So you don’t need to automatically defer to the ones that aren’t.  Broadly it seems accepted as safe by medical professionals.  

That said, I don’t think anyone who’s hesitant to take it is automatically dumb.  I understand hesitation and there is lots of confusing stuff out there.  That’s not to say that a lot of the people refusing to take it aren’t idiots.  Because a lot fear about this stuff is rooted in dumb as fuck bullshit.  I’m not really sure what your deal is.  But I wouldn’t call you dumb just for being worried about this one specifically. 

and look, everyone’s situation is different.  If you’re younger and healthy I mean, you probably are better off with the vaccine.  You’re better off not getting covid.  But the reality of covid is that it *probably* won’t be serious for you and that’s worth considering as well.  I would hope that the people you interact with also come into your thought process on this.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Heck, one of them showed that it has an efficacy rate of 70% for a set in the population, and yet, it was still approved.

Dude, come on. They've been working on this method for literally years and years. ModeRNA was founded like a decade ago. This was a natural pivot for them. These mRNA vaccines are effective to a degree which they didn't anticipate:

Fauci: COVID-19 Vaccine May Only End Up Being 50% to 60% Effective (msn.com)

It's ok to be skeptical, but you can stop trotting out that 70% stat as if it's some sort of indication of massive failure re: efficacy.

It's not.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Good question though MT.  What about other vaccines ? I’m not opposed to schools requiring vaccinations for the whole slate of things they often require vaccinations for.  I mean, I can’t say I’m too concerned about peoples freedom to decide about vaccines if it means we’re going to end up with polio or small pox coming back.  At some point we have to let the general well being of the community come before the individuals demand to be a fucking moron.  

In most all cases the moment I see or hear “government mandated “ I am against it. I certainly don’t believe the the government should ever force anyone to put any foreign substance in their bodies.

that being said, if schools or employers want to mandate that I have no problem with it.

Edited by mtangelsfan

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

In most all cases the moment I see or hear “government mandated “ I am against it. I certainly don’t believe the the government should ever force anyone to put any foreign substance in their bodies.

that being said, if schools or employers want to mandate that I have no problem with it.

I gotta ask you.  And I have to be honest with you, to me this is one my major areas of bafflement with people who are so opposed to government anything.  What is the difference between a government mandate and an employer mandate ? It doesn’t make sense to me man.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I gotta ask you.  And I have to be honest with you, to me this is one my major areas of bafflement with people who are so opposed to government anything.  What is the difference between a government mandate and an employer mandate ? It doesn’t make sense to me man.  

One I have to do, one I don’t.  

I associate “freedom” much more strongly with being free to not worry about some awful disease killing my family and friends than tolerating an individuals freedoms to impose their dog shit dumbass ideas on everyone else.  Im sorry if that makes me an authoritarian.  I don’t believe it does.  I think the person so obsessed with individualism is the tyrant. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

But I mean that’s a real simple simple way of looking at it.  Damn, I’m “free” to sleep in the gutter.  I’m “free” to let my family starve.  

I’m not sure why people view freedom In that way.  

I think you and I have basically opposite views on the relationship between employers and employees.  It is much easier to change jobs than countries