• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thanksgiving meal

Tank

I am a cranberry man and make my own every year. So good I use it to coat ice cream for the next few days or add it to yogurt for breakfast.

My wife does green beans but not as a casserole, but with bacon. I do Brussel sprouts with mushrooms. Have to have Garlic mashed potatoes and gravy.

She usually makes a turkey with stuffing and a ham because you can't have too much meat. This year I axed the ham and will be making smoked baby back ribs.

There is going to be cherry and pumpkin pie for desert with whipped cream or ice cream, or both! 

And I know I'm waking up in the morning to Caramel nut rolls in the oven, the perfect start for Thanksgiving is those hot sticky rolls with melted butter. I think after four I'm pretty good but late night I'll heat up a couple more. 

30 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I am a cranberry man and make my own every year. So good I use it to coat ice cream for the next few days or add it to yogurt for breakfast.

My wife does green beans but not as a casserole, but with bacon. I do Brussel sprouts with mushrooms. Have to have Garlic mashed potatoes and gravy.

She usually makes a turkey with stuffing and a ham because you can't have too much meat. This year I axed the ham and will be making smoked baby back ribs.

There is going to be cherry and pumpkin pie for desert with whipped cream or ice cream, or both! 

And I know I'm waking up in the morning to Caramel nut rolls in the oven, the perfect start for Thanksgiving is those hot sticky rolls with melted butter. I think after four I'm pretty good but late night I'll heat up a couple more. 

Cool. So are you going to answer the OP?

Dinner rolls for sure. Waste of carb space.

I was never a big sweet potato casserole person, but have somewhat come around as I got older.

The rest are solid. As for Mac and Cheese, out here in CA I haven't really seen it at Thanksgiving feasts, but in KC when I go out there it is a staple in the midwest and made home style with the various cheeses and almost like a panko bread crumb or cracker crumb topping.....probably others outside of our CA bubble, as well.

In our home our sweet potatoes are different than what’s in the picture. It’s more like sweet potatoes in a brown sugar sauce. That’s just how my mom always made them and I can’t picture thanksgiving without them. I’ve had sweet potatoes with marshmallows before, but it’s not as sweet as I’m used to and the marshmallows are a waste.

I’ve never tasted turkey. In fact, I have no idea what it even smells like. I’m curious what it tastes like.

I’m keeping the rolls for sentimental reasons. When I was a kid, we always used margarine/oleo. Thanksgiving was the one single time of the year when we swapped that out for real butter, and it was heavenly.

we quit eating pie about five or six years ago. None of us really cared about it so my wife found a recipe for some called pear crisp. It’s divine, especially with a scoop of ice cream (I use halo top vanilla, and it works great).

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

In our home our sweet potatoes are different than what’s in the picture. It’s more like sweet potatoes in a brown sugar sauce. That’s just how my mom always made them and I can’t picture thanksgiving without them.

Same here. You are a true American.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

we quit eating pie about five or six years ago. None of us really cared about it

F'n commie.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

None of us really cared about it so my wife found a recipe for some called pear crisp. It’s divine, especially with a scoop of ice cream (I use halo top vanilla, and it works great).

I started making a pear crisp a few weeks ago. Another mom's recipe and I have three pears on the counter for tomorrow night's treat. 

Since I have to work on Wednesday and since my wife couldn't even figure out how to turn on the stove, we bitched out (I mean due to the hard hits taken by restaurants during these stupid government horseshit lockdowns, we're supporting them in this difficult time) and ordered from Mimi's. $120 for the works. 

I'm going to make a few homemade pies though and some homemade creamed corn. 

8 hours ago, Blarg said:

I think I did. 

The question posed was you have to delete an item from that list. Instead you told us what you are cooking that day and for breakfast.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I don't see how that correlates.

Even if one used some deductive skills you still have rolls, Mac and cheese, and stuffing there that weren't mentioned.