• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jury Duty

Tank

I was called on about a month ago.  Weirdest notice I've ever received since the reporting date was like 2 weeks from when I got the jury summons.  When it's usually a good month in advance.  I did it instead of postponing it, because there can't be much going on with all the people sick and the criminals released.  Didn't get called in.

A few weeks ago someone I work with had to report and was dismissed on day one.  Not like I expected the courts to be closed but it's bad enough sitting in that room during non-COVID times as there's always a few people coughing up lung biscuits.  Undoubtedly the same people who go into work sick when they should just stay home. 

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

A few weeks ago someone I work with had to report and was dismissed on day one.  Not like I expected the courts to be closed but it's bad enough sitting in that room during non-COVID times as there's always a few people coughing up lung biscuits.  Undoubtedly the same people who go into work sick when they should just stay home. 

the notification I got was that you wouldn't be sitting in that big ass room all day.  You would only be summoned if you were needed to fill out a jury.  

But probably you would just be in a hallway with a bunch of sick people.  

I received a summons for Jury Duty earlier this year.  I called every night but didn't have to report.  The company I work for doesn't pay you for Jury Duty so I probably eould have been excused anyway.

@calscuf Years ago I was an alternate on a Medical Malpractice case.  The other alternate was a Defense Attorney.  During voir dire he said that he really wanted to have the experience of sitting on the case, neither lawyer objected.  He seemed to enjoy the experience.  After the verdict we talk for a minute and both agreed we would come to the same conclusion. 

Edited by Slegnaac

If it’s a civil case, just tell them that you think the plaintiff is probably committing a fraud to extract money from the defendant (which is probably the case), and almost certainly rejected a fair offer from the defense. And you don’t want your time wasted adjudicating their differences (civil jury trials are bullshit anyway).

If it is a criminal trial, tell the judge that if the witness doesn’t testify on his own behalf, you will have no choice but to assume it is because he has a prior conviction that he doesn’t want to have to testify to on cross examination. Which means he probably committed this crime too. 

Do this, and you probably won’t get selected.