• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How would you spend $40M this offseason?

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m a little surprised he’s out of options. I thought they had three years of options and I also read something about having to spend 20 days in the minors to consider it an option.  He started his first game in early April 2018, and looks to have pitched every fifth day for most of the season.  Then I wasn’t sure this season would even have minor league options since there was no minor league season.  I’d continue to start Barria unless they have a better option.  If they don’t and he can become the next Petit type out of the pen, there’s a lot of value in someone like that.  

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=642545#/career/R/pitching/2020/ALL

That's his minor league page, which shows all the transactions of him being optioned back and forth.

This season, players were considered "optioned" if they went to the alternate day training site, which he did for a good chunk of time.

I'm 99% certain he's out of options moving forward.

On 9/30/2020 at 11:35 PM, Second Base said:

4. Sign Alex Avila for 6 million. He wins wherever he goes and he gets on base. The team needs more steady, veteran leadership. 

l wouldn't waste money on 1B or C. l think we're set at those position, besides pitching  the only other position player we need either a SS or a 2B. La Stella might not be that expensive.

Ok here's a plan...

Sign Guasman ($15m)
Sign Richards ($8m)
Trade with Miami for Starling Marte ($11.5 mil) & Miguel Rojas ($5.5m)... it might cost something like Barreto, Ward and another piece, but it's Miami so we'll win the trade no matter what.

This gives us two quality starting pitchers, one of which could be used as a swing man in the pen if needed. It allows the team to keep Fletcher at second while maintaining a defensive first shortstop who might contribute a bit offensively. And lastly you get a stop gap outfielder who gets on base and plays great defense, thus giving Adell another year of development.

I think Gausman is gonna get QO’ed, and he’ll take it. Giants have shown no problem absorbing money in deals and it’s straight out of the Dodgers playbook that Zaidi learned under, and for Gausman, a $19m payday would be too good to pass up. He has interest in playing in SF, and the Giants can deal him midseason.

On 10/11/2020 at 9:49 AM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Ok here's a plan...

Sign Guasman ($15m)
Sign Richards ($8m)
Trade with Miami for Starling Marte ($11.5 mil) & Miguel Rojas ($5.5m)... it might cost something like Barreto, Ward and another piece, but it's Miami so we'll win the trade no matter what.

This gives us two quality starting pitchers, one of which could be used as a swing man in the pen if needed. It allows the team to keep Fletcher at second while maintaining a defensive first shortstop who might contribute a bit offensively. And lastly you get a stop gap outfielder who gets on base and plays great defense, thus giving Adell another year of development.

I'd forego that money to Marte/Rojas and instead just toss as much as we can at SP.

Either two mid-tier options (Gausman + Richards?), or more preferably, Bauer + "lotto ticket."  I feel due to COVID, there'll be a lot of bargains in the market.  I'd rather give a bunch of money to Bauer, who'll be our ace, and try to find another decent arm in a sea of free agents.

So, we can see:  Bauer, Bundy, Heaney, Canning, Barria, "lotto ticket SP," Ohtani.   Beyond them, Sandoval and Suarez are in AAA as SP depth.

3 hours ago, Warfarin said:

I'd forego that money to Marte/Rojas and instead just toss as much as we can at SP.

Either two mid-tier options (Gausman + Richards?), or more preferably, Bauer + "lotto ticket."  I feel due to COVID, there'll be a lot of bargains in the market.  I'd rather give a bunch of money to Bauer, who'll be our ace, and try to find another decent arm in a sea of free agents.

So, we can see:  Bauer, Bundy, Heaney, Canning, Barria, "lotto ticket SP," Ohtani.   Beyond them, Sandoval and Suarez are in AAA as SP depth.

I dunno, I think i'd rather have the 3 players at $32m than Bauer at $32m... I mean I'd love Bauer but I don't think he is a realistic signing and ultimately not worth the cumulative risk.