• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How would you spend $40M this offseason?

1 hour ago, AngelStew43 said:
  1. Sign Bauer 7/224 or something similar.  Convince Albert to retire, rolling the final year of his deal into the 10 year personal services contract, and have him as a color analyst.  
  2.  Fix the bullpen.  Sign Hendricks, using the others to pitch the 6th, 7th, and 8th innings.  
  3.  Trade for Musgrove.  Thaiss and Yan could start the package.  
  4. Keep Marsh and Adell if at all possible.  I am not trading Adell unless Dustin May is coming to us.  

Exchange Barria with Yang on the Musgrove trade.  Barria is out of options and was shitty in the pen.  

Personally this is where i stand in regards to Bauer vs Stroman.

I think we can all agreed that Bauer has the best stuff, he can also be a 2, while Stroman is more of a 3.

I would happily go after Bauer over a short term deal, but a long term deal i would go after Stroman. 

If Bauer is looking for a one year deal, i'd offer a 1yr 25 mil deal, at most i'll bring that up to 30 mil. But we also have other holes to fix. 

But if Stroman is will to accept a contract between 15- 18 mil a year over a period off year, i would go after him.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

He had a lower ERA And a lower batting average against as a reliever this year than as a starter.  

Dear God Strad you are better than that!

He had a grand total TWO  appearances as a reliever this year whole I was looking at a season career!

27 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Personally this is where i stand in regards to Bauer vs Stroman.

I think we can all agreed that Bauer has the best stuff, he can also be a 2, while Stroman is more of a 3.

I would happily go after Bauer over a short term deal, but a long term deal i would go after Stroman. 

If Bauer is looking for a one year deal, i'd offer a 1yr 25 mil deal, at most i'll bring that up to 30 mil. But we also have other holes to fix. 

But if Stroman is will to accept a contract between 15- 18 mil a year over a period off year, i would go after him.

I still see Gausman as possibly another Bundy.

Unless someone offers him 4 years/$60 million.

On 10/2/2020 at 7:26 AM, Warfarin said:

I like your thoughts, and I agree that as much as I'd like Bauer, someone like Gausman is probably far more likely.

That said, I would be disinclined to trade Marsh at this point.  We need legit LHH more than RHH, so in that regard - I'd shoot higher and trade Adell.  With Trout and Rendon, we have two of the best RHH in the sport - we need some legit LHH to balance it out a bit.

I'd call up Detroit and inquire about Manning/Mize, but if not, then I'd call Cleveland up - they have no end in sight in terms of pitching, but they have no OF to speak of.

Using https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trade-simulator/, I proposed Adell + SS Jackson to CLE for SS Lindor + SP Pleasac, and it was determined to be fair value (Indians get 63 in value, Angels get 62.5 in value).

Assuming Lindor gets ~25mil in arbitration, and we sign Gausman (15mil/yr), then we have:

2B Fletcher, SS Lindor, CF Trout, 3B Rendon, 1B Walsh, LF Upton, DH Ohtani, RF Ward/Marsh, C Stassi

Bundy, Pleasac, Gausman, Heaney, Barria, Canning, Ohtani, etc..

If Ohtani can become the ace we hope that he can, then our rotation would actually be incredibly stacked.  Sandoval can then be converted into relief, where he's shown to be really good.

IMO, if I had 40mil to spend, that is what I'd do 🙂

While it's not as flashy as signing an ace like Bauer, if we lock up Lindor long-term (it's possible, with both Pujols and Upton's contracts expiring soon), then we'd have one of the best infield defenses in baseball with Rendon, Lindor, Fletcher, and Walsh.  Flash forward 2 years later, with Adams taking over in CF, and we'd likely have one of the best OF defenses in baseball too, with Adams in CF, Marsh in RF, and Trout in LF. 

mmmm, spicy. but i doubt that trade gets it done now.

On 10/2/2020 at 4:40 PM, True Grich said:

I'm proud of you guys... 3 pages in and no one said "hookers and blow."

Page 1:

On 10/1/2020 at 7:32 AM, gotbeer said:

$12M questionable/bargain #3s: Walker.

$9M good relievers:  pick 3 of Colome, Greene, Clippard, Soria

$1M Hookers and Blow

10 hours ago, stormngt said:

Dear God Strad you are better than that!

He had a grand total TWO  appearances as a reliever this year whole I was looking at a season career!

Haha. Ok Storm.  He sucked as a pitcher in 2019 regardless of his role.  In 2019 he made six of his eight career relief appearances.  Of those six, three were where he was the “primary” pitcher after an opener.  My honest opinion is he should be a starter but I’d have zero issue with him in a relief role if his body can handle multiple innings multiple times a week, which we don’t know if he’s capable. 

Hey @stormngt you’ve mentioned a couple times to trade Barria because he is out of options.  Minor league options are a pretty confusing topic, but I believe he still has an option year, if not two remaining.  If he does have options remaining then I’m not sure I trade him unless he and others get us a very nice player back.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Hey @stormngt you’ve mentioned a couple times to trade Barria because he is out of options.  Minor league options are a pretty confusing topic, but I believe he still has an option year, if not two remaining.  If he does have options remaining then I’m not sure I trade him unless he and others get us a very nice player back.  

@stormngt Is correct - he does not have options remaining.

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/jaime-barria/18356/stats?position=P

Fangraphs lists options at the top.  The options currently listed are entering the 2020 season.  So - Barria had 1 option entering the 2020 season, and since he got optioned for a good chunk of it, that last option got used up.  Thus, moving forward, he has no options remaining.

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

Haha. Ok Storm.  He sucked as a pitcher in 2019 regardless of his role.  In 2019 he made six of his eight career relief appearances.  Of those six, three were where he was the “primary” pitcher after an opener.  My honest opinion is he should be a starter but I’d have zero issue with him in a relief role if his body can handle multiple innings multiple times a week, which we don’t know if he’s capable. 

You go out of you way to really debate stupid shit!  Like I said you are better than that!

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

Thanks for the correction. 

I would think Barria and another player or two could get us a nice player in return.  Thaiss really doesn't have a position and we have Adam's, Marsh, Adell and Trout.  We all know which one is guaranteed an outfield spot. So one is expendable. 

43 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I would think Barria and another player or two could get us a nice player in return.  Thaiss really doesn't have a position and we have Adam's, Marsh, Adell and Trout.  We all know which one is guaranteed an outfield spot. So one is expendable. 

Forgotten who pointed it out but we need left handed hitters, so if Marsh was traded it would need to be a really good player coming back

4 hours ago, Warfarin said:

@stormngt Is correct - he does not have options remaining.

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/jaime-barria/18356/stats?position=P

Fangraphs lists options at the top.  The options currently listed are entering the 2020 season.  So - Barria had 1 option entering the 2020 season, and since he got optioned for a good chunk of it, that last option got used up.  Thus, moving forward, he has no options remaining.

46 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I’m a little surprised he’s out of options. I thought they had three years of options and I also read something about having to spend 20 days in the minors to consider it an option.  He started his first game in early April 2018, and looks to have pitched every fifth day for most of the season.  Then I wasn’t sure this season would even have minor league options since there was no minor league season.  I’d continue to start Barria unless they have a better option.  If they don’t and he can become the next Petit type out of the pen, there’s a lot of value in someone like that.