• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: First Presidential Debate

mmc

Chris Wallace should be fired, but not for the points that everyone else has already made! Yes, Chris Wallace is a Trump-hater, and he ran interference for Biden the whole debate, but that was to be expected. The running joke on social media before the debate was that it was going to be Trump vs. Wallace.

What he should be fired for is promoting the lie that Trump only paid $750 in taxes in 2017. If you actually read the entire NYT article about Trump’s taxes, it states that Trump actually paid millions of dollars in taxes. The $750 was a fee for filing an extension. It was not the amount of taxes Trump paid for the year. It’s bad enough that people are spreading that lie across social media, but to have Wallace pose it as a question to Trump is either gross incompetence and ignorance or it was deliberate to continue to push the lie to hurt Trump!

In either case, Wallace needs to make a very public apology where he clearly spells out the truth, or he needs to be fired immediately and Fox needs to make an announcement and correct the lie that was promoted by Wallace.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

The debate honestly couldn’t have gone better for Biden. He held it together ok. Trump probably prepared even less than normal thinking Biden would fall on his face.

Will be interesting to see what adjustments are made before the next one

I think Trump knocked Biden around pretty good, but because Biden held it together for the most part and he stuck around, I think he gets points for that. 

I also think that Biden did a better job at talking to the camera, which is essentially talking to the American people. 

All of that said, these debates don't change one's vote.

They're just pure entertainment.

We can thank Trump for that! 

12 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Dear god dude, turn off CNN. What happened to you?

Dude you should turn off that fucking Fox news and start hearing the truth. After that comment to the racist group, it makes me think everyone that supports that fucking jackass IS a racist.  Watch MSNBC, half of the people on there are GOP. They will tell you the truth.

As a Trump supporter, I do wish that Trump decisively condemned white nationalists. He sorta fumbled with his answer and although I personally believe he does not support extremist groups, he could have made a stand against them right then and there. That will be a talking point for a long, long time.

15 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Dude you should turn off that fucking Fox news and start hearing the truth. After that comment to the racist group, it makes me think everyone that supports that fucking jackass IS a racist.  Watch MSNBC, half of the people on there are GOP. They will tell you the truth.

Your problem is thinking any news media outlet will "tell you the truth" as you so naively put it.

@wopphil first off, apologies for last night. I think I was a bit too harsh to you and for that I'm sorry.

I blame the handcrafted Old Fashioned's. Alcohol and Politics should never be mixed. 

Now as far as why I voted for Trump and support him. Here are my thoughts. 

First off considering the other candidates in Hilary Clinton and now Joe Biden Kamala Harris, Trump is the easy choice here. 

Secondly, while Trump is rude, harsh and arrogant he's NOT a politician and is a successful businessman that has taken that experience into making helping bring jobs back here and fine those who send jobs overseas. I mean there's no denying President Trump’s rhetoric. I do wish he was more like Vice President Mike Pence. But when I voted for Trump in 2016, I knew he was abrasive and even insulting to his opponents. In many ways, his behavior has been exactly what we all thought it would be.

Thirdly, I believe abortion is wrong, and I cannot vote for any Democrat who wants to continue this policy. How can any political party say they are for justice and equal rights and yet be a part of 60 million abortions since 1973? I believe God meant what He said in “I will bless those who bless my people and curse those who curse my people.” Trump has been the strongest president since President Reagan in his support of Israel. Even President George W. Bush and his father abandoned Israel with the Land for Peace deals. Our future as a nation depends on our commitment to support Israel’s right to exist and to keep the land that God gave them. The United States has been blessed by God more than any nation in history, but over the past 50 years, we have (as a nation) walked away from God. The Democrats have led us down this destructive path.

I’m not a fan of President Trump as a person; but God has used flawed leaders in the past. Abraham was flawed. Moses was flawed. King David, who had an affair and even killed Bathsheba’s husband, was still in God’s Word — a man after God’s own heart.

I hope this clears things up as to my position and why I support the POTUS.

30 minutes ago, failos said:

As a Trump supporter, I do wish that Trump decisively condemned white nationalists. He sorta fumbled with his answer and although I personally believe he does not support extremist groups, he could have made a stand against them right then and there. That will be a talking point for a long, long time.

He's done it several times in the past. I'm not sure why they keep bringing it up. Just this past week he declared the KKK as a terrorist organization. 

Edited by Jason

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yep. But to @failos point, I do think he should clarify his position again after last night's debate. 

Agreed, especially the "stand by" comment but it's stupid that he keeps getting asked to do it when he already has. It's been a talking point for a long, long time. 

Edited by Jason

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

He's done it several times in the past. I'm not sure why they keep bringing it up. Just this past week he declared the KKK as a terrorist organization. 

Yeah but he should’ve done it in the freaking national debate not in some random press conference...

He could’ve at least brought up his Platinum plan where he plans to deem the KKK as a terrorist org like you said.

Trump is a con artist. Which actually makes him the perfect politician.

And as someone that has had bankruptcy after bankruptcy with businesses and deeply in debt (allegedly), I don’t think that constitutes a successful businessman. Giving the illusion he’s successful is part of the con though.

5 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Trump is a con artist. Which actually makes him the perfect politician.

And as someone that has had bankruptcy after bankruptcy with businesses and deeply in debt (allegedly), I don’t think that constitutes a successful businessman. Giving the illusion he’s successful is part of the con though.

Facts Kevin, Facts. Stick to them. 

The man is a billionaire. LOL

The fact that he's well off based on his own real estate dealings and the fact that he's President of the United States doesn't spell out success to you, I don't know what will.  

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 11.05.05 AM.png

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Facts Kevin, Facts. Stick to them. 

The man is a billionaire. LOL

The fact that he's well off based on his own real estate dealings and the fact that he's President of the United States doesn't spell out success to you, I don't know what will.  

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 11.05.05 AM.png

I do believe I am sticking with the facts. You even mentioned that some have not read the NYT article completely. In there it mentioned his businesses losing money consistently.

Has he had multiple business bankruptcies? Is he in severe debt? Did American banks refuse to loan him money at some point due to his business failures? I'll give him credit for mainly dealing in real estate which is probably where his worth mainly comes from. That's fine. As far as actual businesses.....not great.

As far as the con man, Trump University perfectly fits the description. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

He has condemned white supremacists in the past, but it often feels like something he is being forced to say.  Like when Charlottesville happened his initial reaction was "There are good people on both sides."  It was a couple days later when he finally condemned them. 

Being asked to condemn white supremacists should be an easy softball question, but Trump keeps flubbing it.

12 minutes ago, Rico said:

He has condemned white supremacists in the past, but it often feels like something he is being forced to say.

Let me translate this: "I believe Trump is insincere and he could say it 50 times and it wouldn't be good enough"

12 minutes ago, Rico said:

Like when Charlottesville happened his initial reaction was "There are good people on both sides."  It was a couple days later when he finally condemned them. 

Actually it was like two sentences later.

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.” 

5 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Let me translate this: "I believe Trump is insincere and he could say it 50 times and it wouldn't be good enough"

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.” 

This narrative has been debunked but the left keeps bring it up. Just like Wallace did last night 

25 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The full unedited video.  White supremacists had just killed a young lady and when asked about it he tried to both sides it.  This was not a good enough answer.

He also praised the people that marched to defend the Lee statue the night before. A reminder...

20200930_131128.jpg