• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: First Presidential Debate

mmc

26 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

My full thoughts are that Trump won, but ultimately I don't think either of them will benefit from this, Trump didn't do or say anything that will resonate with anyone who wasn't already a Trump supporter, and Biden didn't have any answer for half of the questions and fully gave into playing by Trump's rules.  Looking forward to a more groundbreaking debate the next time around.

I think we need to make @mymerlincat a moderator! 

8 hours ago, wopphil said:

Actually, he wasn’t nearly the embarrassment that was the president of the U.S. If you don’t think it is embarrassing that the president of our country lies nearly every single time he opens his mouth, there is nothing that will convince you.

One of my favorite old posters, lost it. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

One of my favorite old posters, lost it. 

I lost it, because I think Trump is garbage? 

Chuck, you are a man of faith. How does Trump’s lack of decency, his lack of empathy, his refusal to condemn hatred, and his constant lying not offend your basic sense of faith and morals? How are you able to look past it?

I understand the hatred for the left. I could never vote for a Newsom, an AOC, or a Bernie. But I am independent enough to see Trump for what he is and to reject that, and to see that Biden is no wacky lefty. I can’t understand the abject hatred of him merely because of his party affiliation. 

Trump's lack of empathy is exactly what many people want.  People were also tired of empty promises, campaign promises that never came true for both Bush and Obama really fueled this.  Trump doesn't have a perfect record, but he has fulfilled more promises than any politician in my lifetime.  Look, if I could trade Trump for a better looking, younger well spoken man with the same policies, I would.  It is what it is, nothing will change my party affiliation in the next few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Angel said:

Trump's lack of empathy is exactly what people want.    

Not me. I’d like a president who doesn’t marginalize anyone who isn’t white and rich. I’d like a decent human being in the office, and I am more than willing to trade some entertainment value for decency and stability. I’d take 40 more years of the decency and morality of Obama than four more years of Trump. 

10 minutes ago, Angel said:

Trump's lack of empathy is exactly what people want.  People are tired of empty promises, campaign promises that never came true for both Bush and Obama really fueled this.  Trump doesn't have a perfect record, but he has fulfilled more promises than any politician in my lifetime.

Nobody is denying 200k deaths. But, as Trump pointed out, when he closed off travel from China he was labeled a zenophobe by the democrats. The Senate never got off their ass and took any action, neither did the state governors or mayors. They ignored the warnings and when it went to shit they pointed fingers. 

People were going to die from this. They were going to take a huge hit because China lied their ass off and withheld information while knowingly allowed their infected to travel. Italy was overwhelmed before they had any idea what hit them. It scorched Europe and they had the same problem we did, miss information from the source, the Chinese government. 

Biden as president would have been completely innactive as congress and the Nancy Pelosi led congress was. For one moment step back and ask, after four months, what did congress actually do? 

They spent trillions propping up their doners. 

Fuck your narrative. 

With decency comes a great cost,  a president must be always worried about his 'image' and how both parties perceive him.  Obama was an 'image' president, well-spoken, but got hardly anything done for the liberals.  ObamaCare was the product of 8 years of liberal control.

With Trump you get results, and fast.

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

One more time. Look AT THE RESULTS. 

What results do you find so appealing? The economy? His Covid response? How he has damaged our alliances? His approach to the environment? The dumb wall he never built?

Other than his judges - which I would agree have been good - he isn’t delivering on anything. Ignoring his personality defects, what has he done that you find to warrant a second term?

2 minutes ago, Angel said:

With decency comes a great cost,  a president must be always worried about his 'image' and how both parties perceive him.  Obama was an 'image' president, well-spoken, but got hardly anything done for the liberals.  ObamaCare was the product of 8 years of liberal control.

With Trump you get results, and fast.

Just what are those results?

4 minutes ago, wopphil said:

What results do you find so appealing? The economy? His Covid response? How he has damaged our alliances? His approach to the environment? The dumb wall he never built?

Other than his judges - which I would agree have been good - he isn’t delivering on anything. Ignoring his personality defects, what has he done that you find to warrant a second term?

Middle East peace accord with Israel and the AEU. 

Draw down of troops in Afghanistan and Syria. 

North Korea no longer threatening to fire missiles at Hawaii or California. 

None of this was the product of the previous administration's work, quite the opposite. 

Well one example, he got those ventilators out really fast, Biden most likely would have argued with both parties until it had to be done, which would have been later.  Trump shut the country down when both parties were shouting at him not to, hindsight says it was a good move.  Trump is actually better for black people than the Democrats, he's addressed the issues in Chicago, Baltimore, Portland, Seattle and made them major talking points.  His volatility is good because it causes action not pandering.

Just now, Blarg said:

Middle East peace accord with Israel and the AEU. 

Draw down of troops in Afghanistan and Syria. 

North Korea no longer threatening to fire missiles at Hawaii or California. 

None of this was the product of the previous administration's work, quite the opposite. 

So he helped broker a mostly inconsequential peace deal, and removed troops from two countries (against the advice of military personnel). That’s the best you can cite to, after four years in office?

Ill give him a little bit of credit on NK, but he hasn’t actually accomplished anything lasting there. But I do respect that he has tried. 

Honestly this debate was fucking dumb.. The questions asked from Chris Wallace was so fucking stupid.

Who honestly cares about Trump's tax returns? And who cares what bullshit answer he gives? Who cares about generic Covid question and responses? 

I want decisive serious questions that can't be tiptoed around. 

like weed.. when will I legally be able to light up a joint?

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Nobody is denying 200k deaths. But, as Trump pointed out, when he closed off travel from China he was labeled a zenophobe by the democrats. The Senate never got off their ass and took any action, neither did the state governors or mayors. They ignored the warnings and when it went to shit they pointed fingers. 

People were going to die from this. They were going to take a huge hit because China lied their ass off and withheld information while knowingly allowed their infected to travel. Italy was overwhelmed before they had any idea what hit them. It scorched Europe and they had the same problem we did, miss information from the source, the Chinese government. 

Biden as president would have been completely innactive as congress and the Nancy Pelosi led congress was. For one moment step back and ask, after four months, what did congress actually do? 

They spent trillions propping up their doners. 

Fuck your narrative. 

His "China travel ban" was already preceded by airlines that were canceling flights.  His "China travel ban" still allowed 40 thousand people fly in shortly after. His "China travel ban" sure as he'll didn't stop the virus from getting here. The virus obviously came from China but once it hits here it's now our problem.  His ineptitude and downplaying the severity of it cost lives. That's on him.