• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: First Presidential Debate

mmc

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

The full unedited video.  White supremacists had just killed a young lady and when asked about it he tried to both sides it.  This was not a good enough answer.

He also praised the people that marched to defend the Lee statue the night before. A reminder...

Look dude, i'm not gonna get sucked into a long fruitless debate with you but I'm just challenging your bullshit that he didn't condemn them. He did, and NPCs like you just mindlessly repeat said bullshit until you're blue in the face.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Just like Biden's response about ANTIFA?

You can't say it's just a philosophy when there is an infrastructure built to provide riot related gear to protest sites. 

Trump's appointed FBI director said they are a philosophy and not an organization. Surely you agree he knows more than you or I?

And stop with the narrative that the left is causing violence and anarchy. The CSIS clearly shows almost all incidents are by right wingers.  And Antifa, which is considered left wing, is not even on the chart in 2020.

TNT_Graphics_Web-01.jpg

As shown in Figure 2, data on the number of terrorist attacks and plots by perpetrator orientation indicate that right-wing terrorism not only accounts for the majority of incidents but has also grown in quantity over the past six years. In three recent years—2016, 2017, and 2019—the number of right-wing terrorist events matched or exceeded the number in 1995, including a recent high of 53 right-wing terrorist incidents in 2017. Despite a moderate decrease in 2018 to 29 incidents, right-wing activity again increased in 2019 to 44 incidents. Religious attacks and plots have also shown some increases during this period—notably in 2015, 2017, and 2019—but at a significantly smaller magnitude than right-wing events.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/escalating-terrorism-problem-united-states

Biden says he doesn't support Green New Deal. His website says otherwise

Biden’s clean energy plan, listed on his website, says the Democratic nominee believes there is “no greater challenge facing our nation and world.”

“Biden believes the Green New Deal is a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we face,” the plan says. “It powerfully captures two basic truths, which are at the core of his plan: (1) the United States urgently needs to embrace greater ambition on an epic scale to meet the scope of this challenge, and (2) our environment and our economy are completely and totally connected.”

5 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Biden says he doesn't support Green New Deal. His website says otherwise

Biden’s clean energy plan, listed on his website, says the Democratic nominee believes there is “no greater challenge facing our nation and world.”

“Biden believes the Green New Deal is a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we face,” the plan says. “It powerfully captures two basic truths, which are at the core of his plan: (1) the United States urgently needs to embrace greater ambition on an epic scale to meet the scope of this challenge, and (2) our environment and our economy are completely and totally connected.”

Amazing. Even on his website he uses platitudes

2 hours ago, NrM said:

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the counter protesters to stand back? Or am I wrong on that. The counter protesters aren't white nationalists.

There's no way people think counter protesting antifa makes you a white supremacist right

Proud Boys were specifically mentioned. 

8 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

@wopphil first off, apologies for last night. I think I was a bit too harsh to you and for that I'm sorry.

I blame the handcrafted Old Fashioned's. Alcohol and Politics should never be mixed. 

Now as far as why I voted for Trump and support him. Here are my thoughts. 

First off considering the other candidates in Hilary Clinton and now Joe Biden Kamala Harris, Trump is the easy choice here. 

Secondly, while Trump is rude, harsh and arrogant he's NOT a politician and is a successful businessman that has taken that experience into making helping bring jobs back here and fine those who send jobs overseas. I mean there's no denying President Trump’s rhetoric. I do wish he was more like Vice President Mike Pence. But when I voted for Trump in 2016, I knew he was abrasive and even insulting to his opponents. In many ways, his behavior has been exactly what we all thought it would be.

Thirdly, I believe abortion is wrong, and I cannot vote for any Democrat who wants to continue this policy. How can any political party say they are for justice and equal rights and yet be a part of 60 million abortions since 1973? I believe God meant what He said in “I will bless those who bless my people and curse those who curse my people.” Trump has been the strongest president since President Reagan in his support of Israel. Even President George W. Bush and his father abandoned Israel with the Land for Peace deals. Our future as a nation depends on our commitment to support Israel’s right to exist and to keep the land that God gave them. The United States has been blessed by God more than any nation in history, but over the past 50 years, we have (as a nation) walked away from God. The Democrats have led us down this destructive path.

I’m not a fan of President Trump as a person; but God has used flawed leaders in the past. Abraham was flawed. Moses was flawed. King David, who had an affair and even killed Bathsheba’s husband, was still in God’s Word — a man after God’s own heart.

I hope this clears things up as to my position and why I support the POTUS.

Ok, I can respect this. I don’t agree with much of it, but you are supporting your position with legitimate arguments. 

8 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

@wopphil first off, apologies for last night. I think I was a bit too harsh to you and for that I'm sorry.

I blame the handcrafted Old Fashioned's. Alcohol and Politics should never be mixed. 

Now as far as why I voted for Trump and support him. Here are my thoughts. 

First off considering the other candidates in Hilary Clinton and now Joe Biden Kamala Harris, Trump is the easy choice here. 

Secondly, while Trump is rude, harsh and arrogant he's NOT a politician and is a successful businessman that has taken that experience into making helping bring jobs back here and fine those who send jobs overseas. I mean there's no denying President Trump’s rhetoric. I do wish he was more like Vice President Mike Pence. But when I voted for Trump in 2016, I knew he was abrasive and even insulting to his opponents. In many ways, his behavior has been exactly what we all thought it would be.

Thirdly, I believe abortion is wrong, and I cannot vote for any Democrat who wants to continue this policy. How can any political party say they are for justice and equal rights and yet be a part of 60 million abortions since 1973? I believe God meant what He said in “I will bless those who bless my people and curse those who curse my people.” Trump has been the strongest president since President Reagan in his support of Israel. Even President George W. Bush and his father abandoned Israel with the Land for Peace deals. Our future as a nation depends on our commitment to support Israel’s right to exist and to keep the land that God gave them. The United States has been blessed by God more than any nation in history, but over the past 50 years, we have (as a nation) walked away from God. The Democrats have led us down this destructive path.

I’m not a fan of President Trump as a person; but God has used flawed leaders in the past. Abraham was flawed. Moses was flawed. King David, who had an affair and even killed Bathsheba’s husband, was still in God’s Word — a man after God’s own heart.

I hope this clears things up as to my position and why I support the POTUS.

While I don't agree with everything that you have said, I tip my hat to you for advancing a rational argument. This is a lot more than I get from many people on both sides, and this is the kind of thing I like to see in a political discussion. My former co-administrator (rest in peace, my friend) and I had many similar discussions. He was on the right and I am on the left, but we would both find an increased appreciation for other viewpoints - and even occasionally find common ground. If only our politicians weren't so dug in.

I did some research today on what is Proud Boys and came across this video! The chairman from Proud Boys was interviewed and gave a further understanding of who they are and what they represent.  

I am not saying I am for them or against them but I like to hear things straight from the source and not what the news tells me about a group. Trust me I have researched Antifa as well.

What stood out to me about this group is they are a group of men of all colors and politics.  The chairman happens to be a man of color and has a lot to say about white supremacists.

So before you just believe what the news is telling you about this group please watch and hear directly for yourself. 

10 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I did some research today on what is Proud Boys and came across this video! The chairman from Proud Boys was interviewed and gave a further understanding of who they are and what they represent.  

I am not saying I am for them or against them but I like to hear things straight from the source and not what the news tells me about a group. Trust me I have researched Antifa as well.

What stood out to me about this group is they are a group of men of all colors and politics.  The chairman happens to be a man of color and has a lot to say about white supremacists.

So before you just believe what the news is telling you about this group please watch and hear directly for yourself. 

The most stuff I hear about Proud Boys is in this forum