• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are We Nasty?

Hubs

I think a guy like Bauer helps the staff attitude immensely. Yates would help the relief pitching. Maybe a guy like Percival should be considered an add to the staff.

Maddon isn't a fiery manager, but can be.

As far as players, other than Pujols I don't know if the Angels have a player that can be that guy. Trout is capable of being the defacto leader, but I want toughness. They've looked lost the past two seasons, and I know how much you've all expressed disdain for Scioscia, but the lack of effort would've never happened under him.

I'm giving Maddon the benefit of the doubt because I think he got the short stick this year with the shortened season. But next year I want a tough, fundamentally sound team, that bunts and moves runners over and pitches inside, and hits the cheating Astros and Red Sox when they deserve it.

5 minutes ago, Game 6 said:

Possibly adding Mitch Moreland to take the RHP starts from Pujols.

Edit: Although I think giving Thaiss a shot makes more sense.

Same here.  Unless (this is a carry over from the Simmons thread) we can find a defensive wizard for first base.  

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Talent.

You gotta have heart miles and miles of heart

19 hours ago, Hubs said:

And no playoffs since Hunter left. Coincidence?

Blame Arte as Hunter wanted to come back but Arte said he did not have the money. So he signed Hamilton instead. We do not play with an edge Trout was thrown at without retaliation. Angels are soft

4 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

You gotta have heart miles and miles of heart

Blame Arte as Hunter wanted to come back but Arte said he did not have the money. So he signed Hamilton instead. We do not play with an edge Trout was thrown at without retaliation.

You keep saying this, and it still leaves out facts.  

The whole "grit" or "players with an edge" deal is a fan thing, IMO. Talent wins ball games and more specifically - talent that executes well, wins ball games. The whole "firey" persona doesn't necessarily translate into wins.

Plus - It's hard to show emotion when you're getting your butt kicked every game.

Edited by True Grich

Certainly, any successful team needs talent. They’re really not that far away at least offensively. But it’s not an either or thing. The Angels also need some kind of edge which is just code for accountability. This franchise is just way too comfortable with mediocrity. They need an Erstad-like figure. No one crazy, just a strong, steadying presence. And I don’t who that is.

As much as I respect and am impressed by Trout as a human being and generational superstar, it ain’t him. Fine. But someone or better yet a handful of players need to fill that role.

30 minutes ago, failos said:

We need Sosh in any capacity

I’m going to be honest here, we don’t always agree, matter of fact I don’t think we agree a lot.  However, your love of Scioscia makes me appreciate you a ton.  Scioscia got a bad rap by fans and virtually all of the hate was all fan-speak stuff.  Would I want him as a GM, no, because he hasn’t worked in a front office in any capacity.  Would I want him in our organization, absolutely.  He should have whatever the fuck position Larussa has.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I’m going to be honest here, we don’t always agree, matter of fact I don’t think we agree a lot.  However, your love of Scioscia makes me appreciate you a ton.  Scioscia got a bad rap by fans and virtually all of the hate was all fan-speak stuff.  Would I want him as a GM, no, because he hasn’t worked in a front office in any capacity.  Would I want him in our organization, absolutely.  He should have whatever the fuck position Larussa has.  

We agree on a lot, I just like to troll. But my love for Sosh is genuine.