• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should Ohtani be put on the trade market?

stormngt

The downside to what Ohtani could become elsewhere would further injure Angels fans tortured souls.  Just that prospect in itself is daunting and potentially further humiliation.

Besides, there's no talent out there half as interesting and I would never return to this franchise if they did this.

It seems crazy that he could become more expensive given his track record of injuries and lack of adjustment at the plate. If he is going to command more money then I say move on from him, get something via trade if you can. He’s not going to be the player the Angels envisioned for reasons stated in the OP. Kind of a bummer because he showed flashes of greatness but I think the injuries are too much 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It seems crazy that he could become more expensive given his track record of injuries and lack of adjustment at the plate. If he is going to command more money then I say move on from him, get something via trade if you can. He’s not going to be the player the Angels envisioned for reasons stated in the OP. Kind of a bummer because he showed flashes of greatness but I think the injuries are too much 

Every payer gets more expensive.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

He’s making league minimum of course he’s going to get more. 

32 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Next year he’s going to make like $3-4M, out of a payroll of about $200M.

He’s also got a career 128 OPS+ over 900 PAs in the majors. 

I really don’t think his salary has any bearing on what the Angels should do with him. 

Hey Jeff have you ever gotten the feeling that Ohtani is an unwanted distraction for the players or the coaching or the organization at all outside of possibly the initial media barrage from the Japanese media?  

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Next year he’s going to make like $3-4M, out of a payroll of about $200M.

He’s also got a career 128 OPS+ over 900 PAs in the majors. 

I really don’t think his salary has any bearing on what the Angels should do with him. 

From a 2018 Rookie of the Year two-way player with such a huge exciting upside to a player who may have lost his pitching dominance and is having trouble staying in the box. 

Unfortunately, putting him on the block now would raise eyebrows from the entire league. Not to mention it would be disrespectful to Ohtani who personally chose to come to the Angels and Eppler wouldn’t do that to him.

My guess it that he’s going to ditch pitching and become a full time one way player. 

2 minutes ago, Angel said:

RendZones best comment so far?

Sure if you ignore the nonsense about trading him being disrespectful.  You can’t have it both ways where all players suck because they eventually get old and expensive and this player is being disrespected because he was traded.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Sure if you ignore the nonsense about trading him being disrespectful.  You can’t have it both ways where all players suck because they eventually get old and expensive and this player is being disrespected because he was traded.  

Ohtani is not 'all players' in fact he's the most interesting project in baseball with plenty of room for growth.

I think trading off one of your young major league players with tremendous raw talent and tons of surplus value is exactly what the angels should be seeking to do right now.  Also, he’s preformed well above average for almost his entire short major league career.  Let’s definitely go get some interesting A and AA ball players for him and wait 3 or 4 years to see if they’re any good or not.  

Edited by UndertheHalo