• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should Ohtani be put on the trade market?

stormngt

26 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Sure if you ignore the nonsense about trading him being disrespectful.  You can’t have it both ways where all players suck because they eventually get old and expensive and this player is being disrespected because he was traded.  

So you don’t believe that it would be a very uncomfortable and disrespectful thing for Eppler to do? Hey Shohei thanks for choosing us but you’re headed to Pittsburgh. Your stuff is in a box outside your locker. Best regards to Ippei. 

1 hour ago, RendZone said:

#nottwoway

Why does it matter if this team is already this bad?  He has already shown he is capable of being two-way, his arm needs to heal and everyone needs to chill the FUCK out and give him one more chance next season, not much else to look forward to anyways.  

Ohtani as a reliable 3 guy that can win you 12-15 games and hit 20-25 hr a season .800 OPS .260 BA would be dreamy and a perennial all-star. And I believe he is easily capable of doing this if he keeps putting in the work.  The days of expecting him to be an ace are almost gone, it would be best to not put too much pressure on him, temper expectations, he still has the stuff to be whatever he wants to be though.

Ohtani is an incredible athlete and I told my friend the other day and I think you will all agree, only one player has more finesse than Mike Trout, and that's Ohtani.  There is something other-worldly about him.

10 hours ago, Jason said:

It seems crazy that he could become more expensive given his track record of injuries and lack of adjustment at the plate. If he is going to command more money then I say move on from him, get something via trade if you can. He’s not going to be the player the Angels envisioned for reasons stated in the OP. Kind of a bummer because he showed flashes of greatness but I think the injuries are too much 

i am not sure what arbitration figures he would warranted but it won't be him demanding more money.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

I get that but unless he figures it out with the bat, the Angels need to move on from him. The injury concerns on the pitching side are a deal breaker 

he has hit well before so there is no doubt in my mind he will hit well in the future.  The question I pose how good is his ceiling as a hitter?  Is he good or great?  It was my understanding that it was his pitching that made him special.  Not his hitting.