• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 MLB Trade Deadline Hot Stove Thread

mmc

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/phillies/phillies-trade-deadline-mlb-matt-klentak-bryce-harper

The biggest need, however, probably still lies in the pitching staff. With five doubleheaders next month, the Phils could certainly use starting pitching depth to go along with more options in the bullpen. A swingman pitcher might be a nice addition, but the prices are still high and the Phils aren't going to shed top prospects for that type of guy. There are also financial considerations that would require some creativity. 

Possibly can add Philly to the group of Bundy destinations at the deadline.

On 8/25/2020 at 8:29 PM, mymerlincat said:

A deal I'd love to make would be around Bundy going to the Dodgers (+ maybe more coming from us?) for some combination of Josiah Gray, Joc Pederson, Ross Stripling, and Keibert Ruiz/Will Smith.  Probably only 2 at the most but I think there's a deal to be made.

Maybe regnifo for strip/joc?

In all seriousness maybe Bundy for stripling and gonsolin would be possible 

2 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Maybe regnifo for strip/joc?

In all seriousness maybe Bundy for stripling and gonsolin would be possible 

I think that’s fair, but they would probably need to have another deal happening bringing back a reliever for them too. A little bit of a hit to their depth. 

Getting those two for Bundy would help our ‘21 just as much as he would, provided we pulled in another SP or two via free agency or trade this winter.

Edited by totdprods

11 minutes ago, Fourts said:

So who would be up for the Angels as a potential GM replacement to Eppler?  For some reason i fear it'll be an old-guard, retread type.  Like the position requirement ad from Arte will read: must have been fired as a GM at least twice previously.  

Come on down Dave Dombrowski.

14 minutes ago, Fourts said:

So who would be up for the Angels as a potential GM replacement to Eppler?  For some reason i fear it'll be an old-guard, retread type.  Like the position requirement ad from Arte will read: must have been fired as a GM at least twice previously.  

Arte's GM hiring history would indicate the exact opposite.

22 minutes ago, Lou said:

Arte's GM hiring history would indicate the exact opposite.

That's my point.  He's continually zigged with his GM hires.  I fear not only a zag this time, but it'll be a hard zag.  Dombrowski would fit the hard zag description.  I just get this feeling it'll be some old, dinosaur GM type.  If that's the case, i'd rather keep Eppler. 

Hopefully my concerns are unwarranted and, if a change is made, we'll hire a very bright GM on the rise....and everything will turn out to be successful. Then again, my Angel cursed mentality feels that even if we go the young up-and-coming route it'll turn into:

bill murray high quality GIF

24 minutes ago, Game 6 said:

Solid research, evaluation and writing all the way through until the very last line. 

"Eppler inherited the mess. And if he’s not retained, his successor will inherit another."

This is simply untrue. The team is closer to long term competitiveness than when he took over in 2015.

Absolutely. 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I don’t want to start a new thread for this but. Is there anyway the Angels could trade Upton without eating his entire contract?

no, he has a no trade clause.  I mean I guess if there was a team that was playoff bound and they had another bad contract to trade back to us.  I would be more prone to keep him and see if how he has been looking the last week or two turns into more nights like last night.