• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Mariners (8/5/2020)

Chuck

10 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

This loss was on Maddon's dumbass decision to pull Teheran 8 pitches early and bring in a lefty that hits lefties well. 

Would it make you feel better if the Angels used 50 pitches as their arbitrary pitch limit?  I am guessing Maddon made the pitching change to limit the effect of the new rule regardinng relief pitchers.  Based on what I see, Maddon would be foolish to start an inning with a new relief pitcher.  I think it is Maddon's best option with this shit squad of a bullpen to bring in a relief pitcher with two outs.  All the new pitcher needs to do is to get one more out and the inning is over, and he is not required to face three batters.

I wish we can get off of the "Maddon pulled the pitcher too early" narrative.  I think his decision to put in a relief pitcher is more about matching up the relief pitcher and the new rule than the pitch count for the current pitcher.

At this time, I never want to see an Angel relief pitcher start an inning, or come in with less than two outs.

The thing I like most about this team, and prior Angels teams over the last 5 or so years, is their uncanny ability to immediately score runs right after the pen gives up a handful themselves. It's always just enough to turn a blowout loss into a close one that gives you some semblance of hope of a comeback.

21 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

The thing I like most about this team, and prior Angels teams over the last 5 or so years, is their uncanny ability to immediately score runs right after the pen gives up a handful themselves. It's always just enough to turn a blowout loss into a close one that gives you some semblance of hope of a comeback.

I tend to prefer wins over hope 

This question probably needs to be discussed in a separate thread.

Why is it that so many players who come here struggle a lot more than before coming here?    Wells, Pujols, Hamilton, Upton, Cozart, plus the assorted other acquisitions

That's a lot of money (over $500 million), that in a lot of ways has gone to waste over the past decade.

Who was even the most recent major acquisition, that didn't far under perform here compared to before?   Hunter?    

I hate to say this.   But it does seem that Moreno is mainly concerned with marketing, and not that much with long term on field success.

We need a solid franchise, and not what the 2010s were.

Edited by Angel Oracle