• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Scathing letter accompanies MLB counterproposal as impasse with players continues

6 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Since times are tough for the owners maybe the players would allow them to make payments on what they owe... I mean if I'm struggling to pay my bills some times I can make payments. I guess billionaires are used to simply having their debt be forgiven in this country.

Oh great, now I want to be a billionaire.

sounds like they're at impasse and now MLB will either start the season - 50 to 71 games pro-rated - or they won't

players can either show up or not -- those who claim high health risk can stay out - no penalty (other than some player may come in a la Lou Gehrig to Wally Pipp and take that player's spot by tearing up the field with amazing play ) 

MLB owners and MLBPA wlll be at official impasse. MLBPA will file a grievance. Meanwhile, the current collective bargaining agreement Is set to end at the end of this season -- so the 2021 season may be in jeopardy after either a shortened 2020 season or NO 2020 season at all.

Sounds like MLB owners and MLBPA are getting ready to form a circular firing squad.

34 minutes ago, disarcina said:

Meanwhile, the current collective bargaining agreement Is set to end at the end of this season -- so the 2021 season may be in jeopardy after either a shortened 2020 season or NO 2020 season at all.

It’s after the 2021 season, not before it. Next season is not in jeopardy unless people decide to continue the current war for some idiotic reason. 

On 6/14/2020 at 9:49 PM, Pancake Bear said:

It’s after the 2021 season, not before it. Next season is not in jeopardy unless people decide to continue the current war for some idiotic reason. 

You are correct, sir -- I stand corrected. Thank you.

On 6/14/2020 at 9:49 PM, Pancake Bear said:

t’s after the 2021 season, not before it. Next season is not in jeopardy unless people decide to continue the current war for some idiotic reason. 

On 6/13/2020 at 1:11 AM, Pancake Bear said:

Every single offer the owners have made has been virtually identical in terms of money. They change the game total being offered, but then adjust the percentage they’re offering the players to make it equal the same total in dollar value. And then they have the gall to say the players are the ones who aren’t negotiating?

Such a joke. The owners have conceded jack all. 

Every offeR from the players has been unrealistic as far as games go.  At 100%. They have arent trying to get on the field 

4 hours ago, ScottT said:

Every offeR from the players has been unrealistic as far as games go.  At 100%. They have arent trying to get on the field 

09D4CB3F-2E89-4889-9F2B-5C0A90DEFB2A.pngthen maybe the teams on the left should share revenue with teams on the right, before asking the players to take the pay cut.  Kind of weird that the owners chose to not revenue share this year when this all broke.  Oh and make sure you read the part that this is before playoff tv revenue, which is substantial.  

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

09D4CB3F-2E89-4889-9F2B-5C0A90DEFB2A.pngthen maybe the teams on the left should share revenue with teams on the right, before asking the players to take the pay cut.  Kind of weird that the owners chose to not revenue share this year when this all broke.  Oh and make sure you read the part that this is before playoff tv revenue, which is substantial.  

What's that -- they won't share among themselves?   No way! not the owners...