• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

... tens of millions more people now have access to health insurance who previously did not have access.

He put tens of millions out of their existing health care that was group funded into a single payer that was more expensive with higher deductables before any benefits could be accrued and locked them out of their existing providers. 

In a single pen stroke he increased the cost of health care for those that were already paying in. He created an unconstitional fine for not participating in a government mandated ponzi scheme. 

It also was mismanaged from the start, being handed off to a Canadian IT company run by one of the Obama's college buddies and eventually had to be restructred by a completely different IT company because they failed to produce  working portal.

Yeah, great work. Billions wasted, increased consumer costs and only real beneficiaries were the people that had never paid a dime. 

This was a bridge too far, (Look that up as well) that congress passed without having any idea how it would be implemented or the cost to those that were not in need of a government program. They didn't consider the hippocratic oath when forcing this on the public and that is, do not harm. 

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Because it is completely meaningless.  Time, effort and money spent on something that won’t happen (IMO, Taylor) is an absolute waste and a perfect picture of all that is wrong with the federal government today

Impeachment is designed to deal with a sitting president. That’s no longer the case, and it’s been so since the day after they voted to impeach him. 

This is theater. This is an effort to completely destroy any legacy he might have. When the Romans finally defeated Hannibal and the Carthaginians, they salted their fields, poisoning them so that nothing would ever grow there again and Carthage would be forever destroyed. This is the same kind of effort. 

If they really feel they have the goods on him, they should prosecute him in federal or criminal court. A more meaningful penalty could be applied there if they find him guilty. 

I’m not sure if there’s another way to do so, but since their other goal is to prevent him from ever running again, I’d bet there’s a way to do it without impeachment. 

15 minutes ago, Tank said:

Impeachment is designed to deal with a sitting president. That’s no longer the case, and it’s been so since the day after they voted to impeach him. 

This is theater. This is an effort to completely destroy any legacy he might have. When the Romans finally defeated Hannibal and the Carthaginians, they salted their fields, poisoning them so that nothing would ever grow there again and Carthage would be forever destroyed. This is the same kind of effort. 

If they really feel they have the goods on him, they should prosecute him in federal or criminal court. A more meaningful penalty could be applied there if they find him guilty. 

I’m not sure if there’s another way to do so, but since their other goal is to prevent him from ever running again, I’d bet there’s a way to do it without impeachment. 

So when a president is in his lame duck period he should just be allowed to do whatever he wants because he will be out of office soon? 

34 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

So when a president is in his lame duck period he should just be allowed to do whatever he wants because he will be out of office soon? 

So that’s what you got out of my post?  Good grief, Charlie Brown.

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

So that’s what you got out of my post?  Good grief, Charlie Brown.

So I got this as well.

"Impeachment is designed to deal with a sitting president. That’s no longer the case, and it’s been so since the day after they voted to impeach him."

That's incorrect. He was still in office when he was impeached. 

Legal scholars, including at Federalist Society, say Trump can be convicted

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/21/legal-scholars-federalist-society-trump-convict-461089

Law Professor Cited by Trump's Defense Argues President Is Actually Impeachable
https://www.newsweek.com/law-professor-cited-trumps-defense-argues-president-actually-impeachable-1567984

Edited by st1ckboy

KUOW - Republican Jaime Herrera Beutler defends Trump impeachment vote amid backlash from constituents
https://kuow.org/stories/republican-jamie-herrera-beutler-defends-trump-impeachment-vote-at-telephone-town-hall

Herrera Buetler said she believes Trump provoked the attack, pointing to his speech earlier that day, which included lines like, “You're never going to take back our country with weakness.” Even so, Herrera Buetler also said that reasonable people might disagree about exactly what Trump meant in the speech.

But then, with the Capitol under siege, fellow Republicans started calling Trump to tell him what was happening and he didn’t intervene. Rather, he seemed pleased.

Trump’s inaction is what convinced Herrera Buetler to vote for impeachment, she said. “I can see how someone would say his speech didn't do it. But I don't know a way to explain that he didn't try and stop it,” she said.

She also said "the counting of the electoral votes" is a ritual that Trump had a sworn duty to protect as the Commander in Chief.

2 hours ago, Rico said:

Wouldn't this be a bigger shit show?  Biden's DOJ going after his political rival?

Yes and most likely the reason why yhe DOJ won't go after Trump. Even if Biden wouldn't be involved and it is something they should do it would give off a vibe they were going after political opponents. After 3 years of the Trump/Barr relationship I'm guessing they will do their best to avoid doing the same. 

13 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

He didn't think so while he was doing it

Outside of this forum I don’t follow much of this stuff. I haven’t seen any video of him telling his supporters to break into the Capitol like they did. I’ve heard the argument that his rhetoric about the stolen election is what led up to it but that’s not the same as directly telling people to do what they did. We aren’t blaming political rhetoric that led to cities being burnt and looted this past year.