• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Outside of this forum I don’t follow much of this stuff. I haven’t seen any video of him telling his supporters to break into the Capitol like they did. I’ve heard the argument that his rhetoric about the stolen election is what led up to it but that’s not the same as directly telling people to do what they did. We aren’t blaming political rhetoric that led to cities being burnt and looted this past year. 

12 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

You must have used the wrong decoder ring when you deciphered the message. Did you switch over after the 1st of the year?

These people seemed to have the correct decoder ring.

They rioted at the Capitol for Trump. Now, many of those arrested say it’s his fault.
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/2021/02/10/trump-blamed-capitol-riot-some-who-were-arrested/4361411001/

Supporters of former President Trump argue they were merely doing what they thought the nation’s leader had asked.

11 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

These people seemed to have the correct decoder ring.

They rioted at the Capitol for Trump. Now, many of those arrested say it’s his fault.
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/2021/02/10/trump-blamed-capitol-riot-some-who-were-arrested/4361411001/

Supporters of former President Trump argue they were merely doing what they thought the nation’s leader had asked.

Losers that can accept personal responsibility. Also a smart move by their attorneys 

Edited by Jason

43 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Your opinions tend to confirm this

If there is evidence that Trump directly ordered his followers to do this then I will gladly admit that my opinion on this matter is wrong. If not I'll continue to hold the opinion that this second impeachment is nothing but political drama put on for the democrats

1 minute ago, Jason said:

If there is evidence that Trump directly ordered his followers to do this then I will gladly admit that my opinion on this matter is wrong. If not I'll continue to hold the opinion that this second impeachment is nothing but political drama put on for the democrats

Why was Trump holding a rally that day?

Why did he pick that spot?

Why did he tell them to walk to the Capitol and even imply that he would be going with them?

Why did he tell them "you will never take back our country with weakness?" "You have to be strong."

Why did he tweet out while they were that Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done?

Why did he sit and just watch television for hours while it was going on only to eventually tweet and send a video saying he loves them and this is what happens when an election is stolen?

And why to this day has he not come out and say he lost the election? 

He knew exactly what he was doing. "Proud Boys stand back and stand by."

10 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Why was Trump holding a rally that day?

Why did he pick that spot?

Why did he tell them to walk to the Capitol and even imply that he would be going with them?

Why did he tell them "you will never take back our country with weakness?" "You have to be strong."

Why did he tweet out while they were that Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done?

Why did he sit and just watch television for hours while it was going on only to eventually tweet and send a video saying he loves them and this is what happens when an election is stolen?

And why to this day has he not come out and say he lost the election? 

He knew exactly what he was doing. "Proud Boys stand back and stand by."

Still different than telling people to "storm the Capitol with violence".  All of what you're saying is true but none of that is enough to convict him on having direct involvement with what happened at the Capitol. The argument of "he should have known what they would do" is also silly. We see political rhetoric like this all the time but it isn't necessarily the fault of the politician when one of their followers does something stupid. 

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The ardent defense of Trump by some here who didn't vote for him or begrudgingly voted for him is baffling. Keep rationalizing his behavior before and during the election. 

It's not about defending Trump but about the silliness of this impeachment and the democrats making something up that isn't true just for this political drama. In my opinion his whining about the election  being stolen and then some of his supporters storming the Capitol isn't a reason for this impeachment. They are trying desperately to make him go away forever from the world of politics. I still believe he will try and start a 3rd party and that is what the Dems are trying to prevent. 

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Still different than telling people to "storm the Capitol with violence".  All of what you're saying is true but none of that is enough to convict him on having direct involvement with what happened at the Capitol. The argument of "he should have known what they would do" is also silly. We see political rhetoric like this all the time but it isn't necessarily the fault of the politician when one of their followers does something stupid. 

Of course he was never going to just come out and say "go and storm the Capitol." Hence my IASIP post.

Again why was he holding a rally that day? What were his intentions for that rally? 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

It's not about defending Trump but about the silliness of this impeachment and the democrats making something up that isn't true just for this political drama. In my opinion his whining about the election  being stolen and then some of his supporters storming the Capitol isn't a reason for this impeachment. They are trying desperately to make him go away forever from the world of politics. I still believe he will try and start a 3rd party and that is what the Dems are trying to prevent. 

What about asking the Georgia Secretary of State to "find votes" and overturn the results there?

You just don't like that it's overwhelmingly Democrats who are leading the charge.

3 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

The new definition of incitement is to give explicit step by step instruction 

Even if Trump gave explicit step by step instructions, they would be making the same argument. "He didn't force anyone to storm the Capitol. It was just words."

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's not just the Democrats though. 10 Republicans voted to impeach him. Hell the only ones that are even really defending him are dudes like Jim Jordan and Matt Gaetz. Most of the other Republicans are just trying to argue it maybe unconstitutional or the we need to heal bullshit. 

1 minute ago, arch stanton said:

The new definition of incitement is to give explicit step by step instruction 

When you are going to hold somebody accountable at the criminal level? Yes there must be evidence to prove the intent was to incite violence. . 

5 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Of course he was never going to just come out and say "go and storm the Capitol." Hence my IASIP post.

Again why was he holding a rally that day? What were his intentions for that rally? 

People still have the right to protest and it was the day when they would be payed attention to the most.