• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

16 hours ago, fishbulb said:

I know that there are other Trump threads out there, but I wanted to have one where we could focus solely on President Trump's deep devotion to Jesus Christ, God and Christianity as a whole. Let's have a real talk about this man's strong religious conviction and his holy behavior.

Please share pictures of him at church and share quotes from him throughout the years.

He is a model of faith as seen by his pilgrimage to church in the midst of considerable civil unrest. That is devotion. It is wonderful to have a leader that does so much to glorify His name.

web_photo_trumpbible_030620.jpg

Slick Willy agrees! 

102325127_10223477018893005_1196499591411793920_n.jpg

29 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Slick Willy agrees! 

102325127_10223477018893005_1196499591411793920_n.jpg

But I thought Trump was different than the establishment politicians like Clinton. Thanks for confirming that Trump is just as pretentious as every other politician.

Edited by Franklin Bluth

1 minute ago, Franklin Bluth said:

But I thought Trump was different than the establishment politicians like Clinton. Thanks for confirming that Trump is just as pretentious as every other politician.

LOL if you think that people think Trump is an actual Christian. 

I think he aligns with some principles out of the bibles and respects VP Mike Pence who I believe is a practicing Christian, but he like so many other Presidents before us just wave the bible around like it's some magical rabbits foot to give them good luck or something. It also makes them look good in front of Christians and Catholics so they can get their votes. 

12 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

LOL if you think that people think Trump is an actual Christian. 

I think he aligns with some principles out of the bibles and respects VP Mike Pence who I believe is a practicing Christian, but he like so many other Presidents before us just wave the bible around like it's some magical rabbits foot to give them good luck or something. It also makes them look good in front of Christians and Catholics so they can get their votes. 

Which principles from the Bible does Trump align with? I'd love to hear you expand on that opinion.

Mike Pence is a pawn. He was picked by Trump to seal the evangelical vote. Everything Trump does and says regarding Christianity is to "look good in front of Christians and Catholics so they can get their votes." As Christians, we shouldn't be OK with people disingenuously using our faith to get our vote.

Also, in some ways, Pence is worse than Trump because Pence fully embodies the "good, Christian man in politics," yet he's just as deceitful and pretentious as Trump. 

17 minutes ago, Franklin Bluth said:

Which principles from the Bible does Trump align with? I'd love to hear you expand on that opinion.

Mike Pence is a pawn. He was picked by Trump to seal the evangelical vote. Everything Trump does and says regarding Christianity is to "look good in front of Christians and Catholics so they can get their votes." As Christians, we shouldn't be OK with people disingenuously using our faith to get our vote.

Also, in some ways, Pence is worse than Trump because Pence fully embodies the "good, Christian man in politics," yet he's just as deceitful and pretentious as Trump. 

Don't you attend Saddleback Church? Doesn't Rick Warren teach you not to judge others directly from the bible? 

Do you think that those who support the president aren't Christians either. 

Based on your post, it's hard to tell. 

46 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Don't you attend Saddleback Church? Doesn't Rick Warren teach you not to judge others directly from the bible? 

Judging others is a tricky subject. Yes, there is the Scripture about pointing out the splinter in your brother's eye when you have a plank in your own. But there is plenty of encouragement in Scripture to speak out against those in authority who perpetuate unrighteousness and injustice. Jesus never took "sinners" to task, but he constantly called out the Pharisees for their hypocrisy.

In case you're wondering, I will equally take Democrats in authority to task for invoking the name of Christianity. But the Republicans are in power right now, so my criticism is more focused on them.

46 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Do you think that those who support the president aren't Christians either. 

Of course you can be a Christian and support Trump, Chuck. There are plenty of Christians whom I love and respect that support Trump. Many of them are more mature in their faith than I am. I can believe someone is misguided in their political views (which often link with incorrect views in their faith), but that doesn't mean they aren't a true Christian.

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Joking aside, I though the new battlestar was mostly pretty cool. 

Funny people still call it new, since it debuted in 2003. I know Sopranos had already started but Battlestar was the first series I saw that took it's drama seriously. Lot's of great characterization, dramatic plot lines and thoughtful ideas.