• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

On 10/4/2019 at 5:15 PM, Blarg said:

Ok. If that's your line in the sand then by all means stay there regardless of how poorly your own party defines their policies and how they will accomplish their goals. 

I can't imagine that some people's lines in the sand include being fine with openly inviting foreign interference in our election process.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

It's actually a myth that Ostriches bury their heads in the sand to avoid predators. In fact, if they did that they would quickly asphyxiate themselves from the lack of oxygen to their brains.

Reminds me of a certain group of people. Only their heads are somewhere other than the ground.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/07/nyregion/trump-taxes-lawsuit-vance.html

Mr. Trump’s lawyers sued last month to block the subpoena, arguing that the Constitution effectively makes sitting presidents immune from all criminal inquiries until they leave the White House. The lawyers acknowledged that their argument had not been tested in courts, but said the release of the president’s tax returns would cause him “irreparable harm.”

Yep, there's nothing suspicious or nefarious in his tax returns. They'll just cause him irreparable harm for ... reasons. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I still see no reason for the elected officials to release their private tax returns. 

Trump is definitely fighting this on principle, not because he has something to hide. He has all the integrity in the world.

39 minutes ago, Lou said:

That's because they're idiots 

And they had nothing to hide. 

I don't even care about the tax return thing because it's the Dems version of Obama's birth certificate, but if Trump just released them (like he said he would) then this would all be over. Imagine Trump releasing his full tax returns for everyone to read and there's nothing there. You wanna talk about "owning the Libs"? That's a pretty epic pie in the face and makes the Democrats look stupider than they already are. Not to mention it nearly invalidates the entire impeachment inquiry and hands Trump the 2020 election.

But he not only won't release them, he's desperately trying to fight them ever being released. And his lawyer literally said "this would do irreparable harm to Trump". I mean...what the F*ck? What's in those tax returns that is so bad Trump will do anything to make sure they never see the light of day. Is it because he's not actually "wealthy" and doesn't want his ego damaged? That's childish. And who gives a F*ck? It ruins some narratives about him being a smart businessman but that's about it. Not a lot to run on there.