• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

Morgan Freeman issues a surprising take on the 'defund the police' movement

The legendary actor is currently promoting a film about an unarmed Black man being killed by police

Actor Morgan Freeman broke with the progressive left during a recent interview and said he does not support the movement to strip funding from police departments across the country.

"I’m not in the least bit for defunding the police," Freeman said in an interview with Black Enterprise’s Selena Hill. "Police work is, aside from all the negativity around it, it is very necessary for us to have them and most of them are guys that are doing their job. They’re going about their day-to-day jobs. There are some police the never pulled their guns except in rage, that sort of thing. I don’t know."

Frankie Faison, who co-stars with Freeman in the film and plays the man shot by police, agreed with Freeman in the interview about defunding the police.

"Well, I agree with Morgan," Faison told Hill. "I’m certainly not in favor of defunding policemen."

• 2 weeks later...

We had a protest this weekend over a police killing. (Lucky me.... I was sent to find the guy by another agency... just missed him, then he was located when I was going home and a huge mess started... but I got off on time and wasnt there. Score!)

So we had a protest, and a rally for this guy. Want was armed robbery, and the crime the day of was for carjacking. Hooked his brother 6 months prior for murder.

Anyway, the rally was about the police "coming into brown communities and killing people", led by a certain city council member.

Anyway, unfortunately the peace rally strayed a bit too far, as in 3 blocks too far. So someone there was shot to death by a rival gang... because they were out of bounds.

Whoops.

27 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

We had a protest this weekend over a police killing. (Lucky me.... I was sent to find the guy by another agency... just missed him, then he was located when I was going home and a huge mess started... but I got off on time and wasnt there. Score!)

So we had a protest, and a rally for this guy. Want was armed robbery, and the crime the day of was for carjacking. Hooked his brother 6 months prior for murder.

Anyway, the rally was about the police "coming into brown communities and killing people", led by a certain city council member.

Anyway, unfortunately the peace rally strayed a bit too far, as in 3 blocks too far. So someone there was shot to death by a rival gang... because they were out of bounds.

Whoops.

Good.  

Hopefully the news covers it.........up.

Prof's racist tirade against Whites: 'We got to take these motherf---ers out'

A Rutgers University professor said, "We got to take these motherf---kers out," when discussing White people in September.

Brittney Cooper, an associate professor in the Rutgers University Department of Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies, made the comment during an event titled, "Unpacking the Attacks on Critical Race Theory," hosted by The Root.

"Like, the thing I want to say to you is we got to take these motherf---kers out. But, like, we can't say that, right? We can't say, like, I don't believe in a project of violence. I truly don't," Cooper said.

Cooper was responding to a question posed by Michael Harriot, senior writer for The Root, who asked Cooper what can be expected out of White people from Black Americans.

Cooper also said that she believes that "White folks" are not "eternal."

"But I do fundamentally believe that things that have a beginning have an ending. All things that begin end. White folks are not infinite and eternal, right?" Cooper said. "They ain't going to go on for infinity and infinity. And that's super important to remember that white colonialism and imperialism has a beginning. And in my way of thinking about the world, that means it has an end."

She added that "Whiteness is going to have an end date, because despite what White people think of themselves, they do not defy the laws of eternity."

"But Whiteness is largely an, you know, an inconvenient interruption," Cooper said.

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

"Like, the thing I want to say to you is we got to take these motherf---kers out. But, like, we can't say that, right? We can't say, like, I don't believe in a project of violence. I truly don't," Cooper said.

That's like, quite the like, admirable intellect right there.

'Where are we headed?' Portland's record-setting year for murder fuels search for answers

https://www.yahoo.com/news/where-headed-portlands-record-setting-100031072.html

Crime is up all over the country, and has been since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic in March 2020. But there is a a certain sad irony in Portland, long considered a safe, desirable place to live. Already, the city has tallied 67 homicides for 2021, breaking a 34-year-old record of 66. Last year, 55 homicides was a 26-year high in the city.

A few months after Floyd’s death, as national conversations about police bias dominated public meetings, the Portland City Council on July 1, 2020, voted to defund and disband Portland’s Gun Violence Reduction Team, the task force devoted to preventing and investigating shootings.

In the wake of anti-police sentiment across the country in summer 2020, cities decreased police budgets. Some cities invested in community programs, including non-police crisis response teams. In Portland, the City Council voted to disband the gun violence task force shortly after an audit came back that implied many of the stops made by the team were racially motivated.

Within a few months of of being defunded, police were hearing from community members who were worried about the rise in violence.

5 minutes ago, Redondo said:

I highly doubt the voters actually pass this. People are just giving these whacko progressives a voice even though they are a small fraction of the voices in politics. They just happen to be the loudest