• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

32 minutes ago, Taylor said:

That's really cool.

With some exceptions, I think a good indicator of your parenting skills is, "Do your adult kids still talk to you and want a relationship with you?"

Middle son showed up last week mid-day to hang out in the pool. We weren't even talking work, which is often since we are in the same industry. 

My other two sons showed up Saturday to hang out, played some video games and later grab dinner when Mom got back from a baby shower. 

We've agreed we don't have to see eye to eye on very subject but we also agree not to try and shut each other down and listen. One difference between my father and I is he was a great lecturer and an impatient listener. That's why we rarely hung out together. 

49 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You guys are sick minded. Taylor is a twerp at times but he probably was a pretty good kid growing up and his parents are not disappointed in the man he became. 

Even if he wasted a damn good down-payment on Lake Forrest property on a Starbucks Barrista degree. 

C'mon, you can compliment me without also insulting me.

Not that it matters, but I'm starting a new job next week that will make it possible for me to reach six figures by next year.

Male prostitution is very lucrative.

31 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Not that it matters, but I'm starting a new job next week that will make it possible for me to reach six figures by next year.

Good career choice but wear a condom. Victor's mom is a petri dish of infection.

50 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Give it 5 years and you’ll be in here ranting about these outrageous Democrat tax policies 

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

There are a lot of rich libs.

They obviously know tax shelters and that the threat of higher taxes means nothing to them while those below a certain threshold can't deflect taxable income as efficiently. That threshold usually starts at lower Upper-class and gets more tax burden heavy as it works it's way down the ladder. Those above those income thresholds rarely see a change in tax liability, it's all a dog and pony show raising the base rate so the public thinks they are giving up more.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

That's great, but when most people discuss their income, they don't include the figures after the decimal point.

22 hours ago, Taylor said:

A bunch of dudes who went to the "school of hard knocks" ragging on people who went to college.

I honestly don't care if you went to college or not. I know plenty of people who have had successful, fulfilling careers without a degree. I know many others who have successful, fulfilling careers because of their degree.

If you're older than 50, though, you really have no idea what the job market is like these days for younger people. 

That's the problem, the job market. Employers these days require a bachelor's, and oftentimes a master's, for jobs that really don't need a degree at all, where the candidates would benefit more from just getting training on the job. The result is that college education is now more expensive both for people that don't need degrees and people in technical fields that actually do (engineers, lawyers, doctors, etc). And of course the ease of accumulating mountains of debt has made it even worse. 

I'm a typical overeducated millennial and I never even used my undergraduate degree, and my business school degree was purely a signaling mechanism for employers; the actual curriculum was useless. 

5 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

That's the problem, the job market. Employers these days require a bachelor's, and oftentimes a master's, for jobs that really don't need a degree at all, where the candidates would benefit more from just getting training on the job. The result is that college education is now more expensive both for people that don't need degrees and people in technical fields that actually do (engineers, lawyers, doctors, etc). And of course the ease of accumulating mountains of debt has made it even worse. 

I'm a typical overeducated millennial and I never even used my undergraduate degree, and my business school degree was purely a signaling mechanism for employers; the actual curriculum was useless. 

Do you mean to tell me that you can't get a job these days by simply showing up at an employer, shaking his hand, and looking him in the eye?