• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

9 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I honestly don’t give a crap about what the protesters were doing and I don’t give a crap about this.

Basically COVID, or at least the response to it, has taken too much from me.  So much so that I can’t get fired up about anything 

That sucks. I hope things start to turn around for you and your family 

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I find very shocking that none of the freedom lovers in here are offended by this.  In fact, several of them look to be cheering it on ! I am shocked !

this is something far different from anything we've seen before. Portland has been a toilet for 51 days and counting. destruction of property continues unabated, including state and federal properties. people have been injured by the "protestors" and it's not getting any better. they've tried to burn down the federal courthouse and other buildings. they throw things at the police and harass citizens who drive into the area. it's asinine to think this is about "writing graffiti on a wall" and then being whisked away.

at what point is enough enough? how long should this be allowed to go on? 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Trump did tell local authorities that he’d deal with the rioting if they refused to do so. Apparently Portland thought he was bluffing or they support it. Whether what’s going on is  wrong or not is a different issue 

So nice of him, helping the cities deal with some crazies vandalizing some buildings, but a virus killing 1000 people per day, nah not going to get involved

11 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Is it a crime for state enforcers to disappear people ? 

And you are surprised how?  Because Trump?  

Homeland Security has been disappearing people for decades.  When they were brown, you didn't give a shit.  

14 hours ago, Tank said:

this is something far different from anything we've seen before. Portland has been a toilet for 51 days and counting. destruction of property continues unabated, including state and federal properties. people have been injured by the "protestors" and it's not getting any better. they've tried to burn down the federal courthouse and other buildings. they throw things at the police and harass citizens who drive into the area. it's asinine to think this is about "writing graffiti on a wall" and then being whisked away.

at what point is enough enough? how long should this be allowed to go on? 

I'm getting more and more convinced this is just going to end in a big Portland police strike.  They've been attacked for 52 days now with 0 support from the local government, at some point they're going to decide they've had enough and stop showing up.

19 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I honestly don’t give a crap about what the protesters were doing and I don’t give a crap about this.

Basically COVID, or at least the response to it, has taken too much from me.  So much so that I can’t get fired up about anything 

I don’t think you should get fired up.  All of this is awful and I’m sorry for your troubles.  Truly I am.  That certain people here would cheer along these fucking goons abducting people.  That’s something.  These people were doing graffiti.  They aren’t threats to state security.  Even the protestors throwing shit.  Sorry.  You signed up to the be cop.  You have to deal with angry uppity people.  Thats the fucking job.

and @Tank that many places around the country are experiencing turmoil is a result of the absolute disaster of governance in this country.  Miserable failure to confront the pandemic.  Miserable failure for decades to confront police brutality.  Imagine for 1 fucking second what you right wingers would be screaming about if masked unidentified federal agents were throwing those fuckers that were trying break into the Michigan state house a few months ago into cars and speeding off.  This kind of shit is the tyranny you people are always swearing up and down is happening.  Except it’s not because of mask ordinance or a pandemic related nail salon closure.  It’s literally state thugs kidnapping people on the street.  I don’t give a shit if the protests go on for another 50 weeks.  That kind of garbage is fucked.  

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

Medics? I think this video needs a little more context. 

No it doesn’t, so people (medics? not medics? who cares?) were attending so someone who looked like he needed help and instead of helping, the thugs decided to assault those trying to help. 

43 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

No it doesn’t, so people (medics? not medics? who cares?) were attending so someone who looked like he needed help and instead of helping, the thugs decided to assault those trying to help. 

The video doesn’t show much of the before and after for what is going on. You could be right but you could also be wrong. Apparently your mind is made up based on your personal biases. I’ve deleted twitter as it’s very toxic with stuff just like this. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The video doesn’t show much of the before and after for what is going on. You could be right but you could also be wrong. Apparently your mind is made up based on your personal biases. I’ve deleted twitter as it’s very toxic with stuff just like this. 

There is no justification for assaulting a citizen like that, no matter what happened before. If they did that to a police officer they would be in jail. If they did something illegal before the video started recording, they should have been arrested or detained not smacked around like a blow up doll.