• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

6 minutes ago, Angels Never Die said:

So me saying this isn't just about George Floyd is tantamount to me saying it has nothing to do with his death? It's a catalyzing event, he's become a symbol.

Did I say this is the way to fix everything? Nope, I didn't. I'm saying wtf do you expect to happen?

How do we fix it? The dems have been in charge there for a good while. The police chief is black. The city blast prayers to allah throughout the shutdown. Dont get much more woke than these cities.  I say we give conservatives and Jesus a chance

5 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

How do we fix it? The dems have been in charge there for a good while. The police chief is black. The city blast prayers to allah throughout the shutdown. Dont get much more woke than these cities.  I say we give conservatives and Jesus a chance

Yeah, give me a few minutes, I'll just solve systemic racism and the fascist police state we're in. And of course the solution will include conservatism (it's not like they're racist) and Jesus (black people don't go in for Jesus enough apparently.) Fucking hell.

5 minutes ago, Angels Never Die said:

Yeah, give me a few minutes, I'll just solve systemic racism and the fascist police state we're in. And of course the solution will include conservatism (it's not like they're racist) and Jesus (black people don't go in for Jesus enough apparently.) Fucking hell.

I like you more than Bakunin. You’re going to be fun. 

7 minutes ago, Angels Never Die said:

Do you support the corona lockdowns?

45 minutes ago, Angels Never Die said:

So me saying this isn't just about George Floyd is tantamount to me saying it has nothing to do with his death? It's a catalyzing event, he's become a symbol.

Did I say this is the way to fix everything? Nope, I didn't. I'm saying wtf do you expect to happen?

All of your angry posts on this, which has been quite a few, support what has been happening by the, ahem, protestors. Haven’t seen anything from you condemning their actions. 
I expect people to work for change. The destruction, fires, and looting isnt going to fix anything, nor is it going to galvanize support for any kind of movement. 
As I’m typing this, protestors have broken into a computer store on Melrose and are running off with whatever they can carry, all for George. 
Its okay to be angry. It’s okay to protest. It’s okay to speak out and demand better. That message is buried, however, with every store looted and every business burned down. 

Not sure how they know, but channel 5 is reporting that some of the looters have been taking Uber and Lyft to stores, run inside and jack  whatever, then hop back in their ride share and take off.

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

Not sure how they know, but channel 5 is reporting that some of the looters have been taking Uber and Lyft to stores, run inside and jack  whatever, then hop back in their ride share and take off.

Lol you could see it on the tv... the car pulls up, the dude jumps out of the passenger seat, car puts on its flashers, dude comes out 5 minutes later with 5 boxes of shoes which he tosses in the back seat. These guys were lining up for looters like there were at LAX.

Does anyone believe this is still about George Floyd? Maybe 10% of them give a fuck or even know what actually happened. This is the part where everyone on every side gets to cherry-pick examples to promote his agenda of the day or go get those items you haven’t been able to save up for. Vilify BLM or Antifa or the police or whoever is your personal boogeymen. Ride the high, high horse of righteous indignation. Dig in deeper and let your labels define you. God Bless America