• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Corona Virus Poll, Week 5

kevinb

Corona Virus Poll, Week 5  

49 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1-10, How are you feeling now about the Corona Virus?

2. 2. On a scale from 1-10, How do you feel our government is handling the Corona Virus?

3. 3. Let's revisit a question I asked before, What month will the first sporting event happen this year?

4. 4. On a scale of 1-10, How are you feeling mentally/physically this week?

• 1- Utterly depressed and physically sick to my stomach
    • 10- Perfectly happy and fit as can be
  5. 5. On future polls what kinds of questions would you like me to ask?

One thing this situation exemplifies is how problematic it is to blindly trust statistical models before enough data can be processed. 

Random themes are cool, and provide some novelty.

So far as using this time of confinement, I go back and forth from creative projects, rearranging furniture and decor and binging on reading and movies.

Here are a few of many baseball books that I dug out and recommend. The Bo Belinsky book is a must for Angel fans wanting to learn about the early days of the franchise. The Jim Brosnan books are Ball Four type diaries from a long gone era. Great for a window into the day to day lives of ballplayers of the time. The Coover book is amazing! A surreal fictional peek into someone obsessed with a fantasy baseball world of his own creation. Harris wrote a great trilogy, including the source of the movie Bang the Drum Slowly. Computer Sports Matchups was one of the first attempts to use stats based simulations as a methodology to create trans historical matchups. I was the contributer for the hockey chapter.

P_20200408_234438_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20200408_234637_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20200408_234504_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20200408_234557_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20200408_234422_vHDR_Auto.jpg

7 hours ago, Kevinb said:

I’ll see what I can do

Even though very few respond to these Polls, I would like to get a sense of how many AW members have been tested, have been hospitalized, have lost their jobs and any that have received any of the $2.2 trillion in Federal monies.

Haven’t been tested 

I have been exposed 100% I’ve worked with co workers who are positive, but have recovered, some didn’t and eventually passed (did not have contact with them). 

called my kaiser and said they will not test unless I have symptoms 

I was working with someone last week. Zero symptoms but tested positive. They pulled him while at work. The only reason he was tested is Bc he was working with someone who was positive and later died

so who knows we might have it and show zero symptoms 

23 hours ago, Fish Oil said:

I haven't been tested, but I've had a wicked cold that lasted over a month. By FAR the worst cold of my life. My doctor said that I should "just assume that I have it."

Hope you heal quickly.

p.s. On the off chance you don’t make it, could I have your car?

We are still performing daily health screenings of everyone coming in to work. What that has come to mean is that my work week is now Wednesday-Saturday, and my Fridays and Saturdays are 4AM - 2PM - because the day custody staff begins work at 5AM.. The administrators are taking as much of the front desk duty as we can, so that we don't have to pull line staff off the yard to cover it. I am only spending two days per week in the office, and a lot of things are beginning to back up. Last Friday, I had to handle three different personnel issues from the gatehouse, which took some doing.

I was bouncing around 5 different shows this year as a dolly grip until the whole industry shut down mid March. I mainly covered other dolly grips with the flu or else had to take time off for a variety of reasons. It's a nice niche that I carved out for myself after 30 plus years. I dont work 70 hour weeks very often anymore and I often bring home more money moving around as I can cherry pick the best gigs.

This shit is a game changer. I've been exposed to more people this year and I take over their dollies which have mostly metal surfaces that the virus can live up to 72 hours on.

So far so good though, as I feel well and have been dieting and exercising to rid myself of my comorbidities like hypertension and diabetes.

Got my fingers crossed as my kid is a doctor on the front lines in Phoenix, pulling crazy hours during this crisis and she has serious autoimmune issues. We are all just doing whatever we can to get through this intact. Stay safe, and if you have the privilege of self isolation by all means do it.

Be safe.

Unfortunately we took a 15% pay cut at our company.

Not great, but better than some of the alternatives.

Other than that it's been business as usual, working from home.

When I'm not working there's plenty to do around the house.

Keeping busy.

On 4/11/2020 at 9:41 AM, Fish Oil said:

I haven't been tested, but I've had a wicked cold that lasted over a month. By FAR the worst cold of my life. My doctor said that I should "just assume that I have it."

Head congestion isn't a cardinal symptom of COVID-19. I am surprised that he would tell you that.

We are still working, but with the marked decline in state revenue, that won't continue unabated. I am waiting for Trump to renege on the federal government's promise to pick up 75 percent of the tab for anything that we spend on COVID-19, including overtime, supplies and equipment. There is no routine testing at the workplace, only screening for symptoms as people arrive. We have had two positive cases among employees at my facility - that I know of. We have sent several people home with symptoms, no idea whether any of them later turned up positive. They went straight into 14-day self quarantine. We have had a few people who were sent home but later returned to work after testing negative.

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Head congestion isn't a cardinal symptom of COVID-19. I am surprised that he would tell you that.

We are still working, but with the marked decline in state revenue, that won't continue unabated. I am waiting for Trump to renege on the federal government's promise to pick up 75 percent of the tab for anything that we spend on COVID-19, including overtime, supplies and equipment. There is no routine testing at the workplace, only screening for symptoms as people arrive. We have had two positive cases among employees at my facility - that I know of. We have sent several people home with symptoms, no idea whether any of them later turned up positive. They went straight into 14-day self quarantine. We have had a few people who were sent home but later returned to work after testing negative.

I had all of the symptoms except pneumonia.
I'm not pretending to be a doctor, but all of the various corona viruses are colds. Is this not correct?