• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aaron Sanchez

mmc

The only free agent starter worth a damn still available, how would you feel about bringing him in?  With our early injuries, we could certainly use the depth, and I can't imagine he'd cost anything more than 5 million at the most at this point in time.

"On August 20, Sanchez left the game early with right pectoral discomfort. An MRI revealed a torn capsule in his right shoulder, and Jeff Luhnow announced on September 5 that Sanchez would miss the rest of the 2019 season and possibly the 2020 season as well."

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/09/aaron-sanchez-to-miss-start-of-2020-season.html

Last update was on 12/02/2019:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/12/astros-to-non-tender-aaron-sanchez.html

and there is no notes anywhere I can find on his rehab or prognosis.

I imagine, with the injuries surrounding this team the past few years, I doubt Eppler is eager to sign another IL candidate 

5 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

"On August 20, Sanchez left the game early with right pectoral discomfort. An MRI revealed a torn capsule in his right shoulder, and Jeff Luhnow announced on September 5 that Sanchez would miss the rest of the 2019 season and possibly the 2020 season as well."

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/09/aaron-sanchez-to-miss-start-of-2020-season.html

I imagine, with the injuries surrounding this team the past few years, I doubt Eppler is eager to sign another IL candidate 

gzwapvgj_main_0_1200x628.jpeg
What to Know Before You Buy a New Home
Things to consider when starting your home buying journey with Toll Brothers.
tollbrothers.com

The way I see it, this team needs to be at least 8-9 MLB caliber starters deep to make a run at the postseason.  If our arms collapse again by August, we aren’t going anywhere.  Even if Sanchez doesn’t come back until September, it’s still another option for us down the stretch if other starters get hurt.

14 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

The way I see it, this team needs to be at least 8-9 MLB caliber starters deep to make a run at the postseason.  If our arms collapse again by August, we aren’t going anywhere.  Even if Sanchez doesn’t come back until September, it’s still another option for us down the stretch if other starters get hurt.

You are signing him, basically, to add him to the 40 man roster and then assigning him to the 60 day injured list so someone would have to be waived to take him on, hopefully make it through waivers and then add them back.  Then, there is the uncertainty of his pay since you paying him a guaranteed amount upfront with no idea if or when he'll return.  Anyway, I though the "injured player who could return to form" portion was covered by Luiz Gohara and J.C. Ramirez.

And, let's be honest, Sanchez hasn't done anything since 2016.

Could he return to some type of form? Sure...just seems we have healthier and readier options already in camp.

Edited by mulwin444

18 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Matt Harvey still unsigned

the dude was this close to making it back as a legit mlb starter. the year before the angels signed him he was trending upward. if he was able to have just an average season with the angels, then his career would be in a very different place right now. they say it about football, but success is a game of inches.

29 minutes ago, ukyah said:

the dude was this close to making it back as a legit mlb starter. the year before the angels signed him he was trending upward. if he was able to have just an average season with the angels, then his career would be in a very different place right now. they say it about football, but success is a game of inches.

And blame can't be put on the juiced ball for 2019, as he gave up a whopping 48 HRs over 247 innings in 2017-2018.  

20 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

Very skeptical after an injury and surgery like that - very few pitchers return,  at all, and the number that have returned to their former selves probably stands at "zero."  

Give him a try-out, sure - should look under every rock - you never know.   

But odds are, he's done at the ML level.