• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros vs other teams

Torridd

On 2/20/2020 at 5:06 PM, Lou said:

Cake 

He, and her, think it's cake. 

(I'm assuming that's a good thing)

true, it is Cake.

which really drives home the point. it's pretty hard to make a point about sexualizing a "random" woman's body part when she refers to it as, Cake, in a public forum.

On 2/20/2020 at 5:06 PM, Kevinb said:

I find myself wondering if other teams would have reacted the same way as the Astros given the opportunity. Do you think this was purely a personality thing for these individuals or, given the same circumstances, would most other players take advantage of such an opportunity?  I wonder if all the Astros personnel agreed with what happened or just some went along so they wouldn't be ostracized.

Above is what @Torridd started this thread as...

I was merely responding to his post. Not on the whole cheating scandal etc. Just that this isn't something that only happened because of the Astros organization. 

there's something you're missing. the astros weren't given the opportunity. they CREATED the opportunity. also, it's intellectually unfair to make the logic leap that if somebody else who didn't cheat was "given" the opportunity to cheat, then they would have. every player and every team in baseball has the opportunity to cheat, in infinite varieties of ways. some do and don't get caught. some do and do get caught. the majority, as is true in life, don't get caught because they don't cheat, especially in any meaningful way.