• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros vs other teams

Torridd

40 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Not much just being clever. You were attacking someone for doubling down on something. Just making my own point on something that could be considered wrong as well. 

i apologize because i realize you're getting it from all sides, but i think you need to seriously up your clever game if you think this is it. clever is being able to quickly adapt to new information on the fly, especially when you're talking about being clever in debate/conversation. you didn't do that. you just pointed at something you saw from someone you were disagreeing with and drew attention to that instead. that was not good.

9 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i can agree with all of that, but what's your point? that the astros aren't held to blame for their actions because society at large is morally corrupt? i would argue two points in that case. firstly, by that standard no adult can be held accountable for their actions. secondly, the astros don't function within the larger society. they function within the much smaller society of MLB. the disconnect is they should be judged and punished by the 31 other teams and it's membership. in failing to do so, the larger outside society is demanding justice and penance. people are unhappy because sports is supposed to be atypical to life in that it's supposed to be inherently fair.

I’ve never once stated what they did wasn’t wrong or that they shouldn’t have been punished. My argument was against the notion that somehow the Astros organization is the only one this stuff could have happened under. Boston is accused of very similar stuff. If given the chance more people would have done this stuff if not are already doing it as seen by the steroid epidemic. That’s my only argument. That it’s not an isolated issue to an organizational culture. It’s a cultural issue in society. 

Just now, ukyah said:

i apologize because i realize you're getting it from all sides, but i think you need to seriously up your clever game if you think this is it. clever is being able to quickly adapt to new information on the fly, especially when you're talking about being clever in debate/conversation. you didn't do that. you just pointed at something you saw from someone you were disagreeing with and drew attention to that instead. that was not good.

I was trying to make a point mind it poorly. That yk is using some random ig chicks butt as a profile pic to serve as a thing against women. It was poor I admit I was lazy working and found it funny the outrage he has for things that don’t affect him and people he’s never met. 

1 minute ago, ukyah said:

723a641c95d94e1f379047241a5dd902.gif

7 minutes ago, Lou said:
noun
INFORMAL
  1. an unknown, unspecified, or odd person.

yk knows who she is. 

Knowing the persons name does not make the person known. There are plenty of random people that people follow on social media that they don’t actually know. They’re still random folks

4 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I’ve never once stated what they did wasn’t wrong or that they shouldn’t have been punished. My argument was against the notion that somehow the Astros organization is the only one this stuff could have happened under. Boston is accused of very similar stuff. If given the chance more people would have done this stuff if not are already doing it as seen by the steroid epidemic. That’s my only argument. That it’s not an isolated issue to an organizational culture. It’s a cultural issue in society. 

is there a notion that the astros are the only one doing this "stuff". it seems like everybody knows the red sox are about to be handed their own exploding bag of shit. i think if it was pervasive in MLB, the leaks would have started with explayers/employees. when the levee breaks cheaters will have no place to stay.

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I was trying to make a point mind it poorly. That yk is using some random ig chicks butt as a profile pic to serve as a thing against women. It was poor I admit I was lazy working and found it funny the outrage he has for things that don’t affect him and people he’s never met. 

is he using the profile pic to serve as a thing against women? my take was that he thought the ass was pure cane sugar.

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Did you go to Hofstra by any chance?

How I mean random chick is that you don't actually know the person. Just because you follow them on some social media site doesn't make you friends. Random people to me are people who aren't friends. If they are friends then so be it. She's a random person to me I don't know who the person is. 

2 minutes ago, ukyah said:

is there a notion that the astros are the only one doing this "stuff". it seems like everybody knows the red sox are about to be handed their own exploding bag of shit. i think if it was pervasive in MLB, the leaks would have started with explayers/employees. when the levee breaks cheaters will have no place to stay.

is he using the profile pic to serve as a thing against women? my take was that he thought the ass was pure cane sugar.

I find myself wondering if other teams would have reacted the same way as the Astros given the opportunity. Do you think this was purely a personality thing for these individuals or, given the same circumstances, would most other players take advantage of such an opportunity?  I wonder if all the Astros personnel agreed with what happened or just some went along so they wouldn't be ostracized.

Above is what @Torridd started this thread as...

I was merely responding to his post. Not on the whole cheating scandal etc. Just that this isn't something that only happened because of the Astros organization. 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

How I mean random chick is that you don't actually know the person. Just because you follow them on some social media site doesn't make you friends. Random people to me are people who aren't friends. If they are friends then so be it. She's a random person to me I don't know who the person is. 

So everyone you don't know personally is a random person.

Got it. 

clevinger.thumb.jpg.67788ff2ec75c02e0ced

That is a great ass.  There's a reason Clevinger's ex posted that pic of herself.  She knows she has a great ass and wants the world to know.  Good for her. 

Your argument that since the Astros are doing bad shit, everyone must be doing bad shit, is poor.  It's reminiscent of The Otter defense in the movie Animal House.  Otter did it much better than you.

I don't know how many times it has to be laid out for you.  We have given example after example after example - Taubman, Luhnow and Crane are horrible, lying people.  I don'[t know why you continue to ignore that.

There is no parallel.  Certainly not with the Angels - and I have easily been one of Arte's biggest critics on this board.  But never once have I ever considered him a POS human being like those sub-humans are.

56 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

clevinger.thumb.jpg.67788ff2ec75c02e0ced

That is a great ass.  There's a reason Clevinger's ex posted that pic of herself.  She knows she has a great ass and wants the world to know.  Good for her. 

Your argument that since the Astros are doing bad shit, everyone must be doing bad shit, is poor.  It's reminiscent of The Otter defense in the movie Animal House.  Otter did it much better than you.

I don't know how many times it has to be laid out for you.  We have given example after example after example - Taubman, Luhnow and Crane are horrible, lying people.  I don'[t know why you continue to ignore that.

There is no parallel.  Certainly not with the Angels - and I have easily been one of Arte's biggest critics on this board.  But never once have I ever considered him a POS human being like those sub-humans are.

Again I never said that they shouldn’t have been disciplined. This thread is about would other organizations do this if given the opportunity or is it something about the Astros. We’ve already seen that another organization would do this in Boston. So yes it isn’t just an Astros thing. Do I think everyone is cheating is an entirely other argument We can have somewhere else. Also I just don’t think they’re horrible people. Humans make mistakes because they found a crazy way to cheat doesn’t make them horrible people in my opinion. Lying sure but most people caught and wanting to get out of something will lie to get out of it, does that make people who lie horrible? I don’t know that’s up for you to decide.  

My only argument is that this could happen anywhere, not that that excuses the Astros in anyway because it doesn’t. They are at fault and should be and did get punished. It’s that this cheating stuff isn’t just some random Astros thing. From reports alone, Yankees and Boston got in trouble or are about to get in trouble for trying to cheat as well. I’m not defending the Astros I never was. Relax. 

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I like cake.

And the Astros are still assholes and I hope they lose a record amount of games this season.

Cakes overrated. I hope they lose a record amount of games to. The Angels will win the division and have more wins than the Astros. So I’m not to concerned with it.