• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros vs other teams

Torridd

13 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

How do you feel using some woman’s butt as a profile picture. Do you think that’s the morally right thing to do? Do you think about this person as a human being or just a piece of ass? Did you ask her if it was ok to use her body as something for your amusement without her consent?

It was her butt on her instagram feed, dummy.  She probably loves it.

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

It was her butt on her instagram feed, dummy.  She probably loves it.

So doubling down on it and calling names. Which one here is morally inept? So again using her photos with out consent and calling someone a name for making a point. But you’re right. 🙄But again you’re literally making my point for me. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

Again I don't think this is just an Astros thing. Patriots owner was seen with random hookers in Miami. Our president has seen his fair share of controversy and countless others. McDonalds had a giant scandal as well. This isn't a Astros or a sports thing it's just a thing. To boil it down to just something corrupt in one organization is silly and naive. People of all walks of life whether it be Astro personnel or other are doing shady things. Blaming one organization seems weird, I have plenty of friends who work in the restaurant and bar industry and the drug stuff wasn't just Skaggs it was a lot more than that on the roster over the years, but I wouldn't blame it on the Angels. It is a problem throughout society....end of rant. 

i can agree with all of that, but what's your point? that the astros aren't held to blame for their actions because society at large is morally corrupt? i would argue two points in that case. firstly, by that standard no adult can be held accountable for their actions. secondly, the astros don't function within the larger society. they function within the much smaller society of MLB. the disconnect is they should be judged and punished by the 31 other teams and it's membership. in failing to do so, the larger outside society is demanding justice and penance. people are unhappy because sports is supposed to be atypical to life in that it's supposed to be inherently fair.

1 minute ago, ukyah said:

i can agree with all of that, but what's your point? that the astros aren't held to blame for their actions because society at large is morally corrupt? i would argue two points in that case. firstly, by that standard no adult can be held accountable for their actions. secondly, the astros don't function within the larger society. they function within the much smaller society of MLB. the disconnect is they should be judged and punished by the 31 other teams and it's membership. in failing to do so, the larger outside society is demanding justice and penance. people are unhappy because sports is supposed to be atypical to life in that it's supposed to be inherently fair.

Those inside the MLB community are also demanding justice

59 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

How do you feel using some woman’s butt as a profile picture. Do you think that’s the morally right thing to do? Do you think about this person as a human being or just a piece of ass? Did you ask her if it was ok to use her body as something for your amusement without her consent?

lou may get me on this one because it's probably been addressed on later posts, but wtf are you talking about? this is some millenial bullhockey. posting a picture of an ass is not infringing on a likeness.