• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout on playing CF

nate

Possibly, it did say the Angels were asking for the moon for Bourjos. Didnt kick anybodys ass but our own for that.

why wouldn't they? There should be a pretty considerable return for Bourjos in order for it to make sense for the Angels to pull the trigger. 

I also find it interesting that LT was adamant about Calhoun being a part of the major league team all last season stating that he should be in the plans.

Now he considers him an "unknown" and shouldn't be relied upon to start much in RF next season.

I also find it interesting that LT was adamant about Calhoun being a part of the major league team all last season stating that he should be in the plans.

Now he considers him an "unknown" and shouldn't be relied upon to start much in RF next season.

I was? I think you're mistaking me for someone else.

my argument for Calhoun was as a 4th OF versus Wells remaining on the roster. 

I was? I think you're mistaking me for someone else.

Nope. You were all about Calhoun and his OBP in limited playing time ever since his hot Spring last year. You were figuring him into future lineups going forward based on his potential.

Now he's an unknown. How convenient for your argument.

wrong, my argument for Calhoun was as a 4th OF off the bench replacing Wells. He could certainly be a future starter but I was never arguing for that. It was solely based on replacing Wells off the bench.

So he could be a future starter last year, but now this year he can't? Why?

So he could be a future starter last year, but now this year he can't? Why?

I didn't say he couldn't in the future. I'm not writing him off. I said his future is still unknown, I'm not ready to deem him a starter yet or pencil him in. He may work out that way but I don't think relying on him to replace Bourjos' value is a good option at this point.

I didn't say he couldn't in the future. I'm not writing him off. I said his future is still unknown, I'm not ready to deem him a starter yet or pencil him in. He may work out that way but I don't think relying on him to replace Bourjos' value is a good option at this point.

When would it if you can't make a spot for him on the Major League roster currently to prove himself? At some point, you have to take the calculated risk. And I don't think he will be a bust and he is certainly capable of putting up Bourjos numbers offensively.

Youre going in circles now. You already asked that and I answered it.

edit, see my post at 1:29 on pg 8

yes, you keep claiming there would have been a value return for Bourjos if Dipoto had been willing to trade but you have provided nothing to back that up.