• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout on playing CF

nate

My meaning of much is nearly double the games this year versus last. That's a big difference.

Post hoc reasoning is fun though.

correlation does not equate to causation

Your post could have been read to mean 22 games is a "much smaller sample size" than 35 games.

Your post could also have meant 22 games this year compared to 47 last year.

Now I understand you meant the latter interpretation.

Thanks for clarifying.

He didn't start most of those games in LF.

Several of those games he was moved to LF late in the game so Bourjos could play CF with a lead after the 7th inning.

157 PA out of LF last year. 98 PA out of LF this year. still a rather large sample difference. 

It wasnt supposed to? The hell? Youre gonna have to accept the L on this discussion LT.

No Shane, it wasn't supposed to make the rotation pitch better. It was supposed to help make up for the fact that more balls would be making it to the OF. That wasn't the reason the pitching failed in April.

OK, it wasn't supposed to. But good point I guess.

LOL... it was well known that with the amount of fly ball pitchers this rotation has the goal was to put the best defensive outfield in the lineup every night. Regardless of what Bourjos could do with the bat going into this season.

LOL... it was well known that with the amount of fly ball pitchers this rotation has the goal was to put the best defensive outfield in the lineup every night. Regardless of what Bourjos could do with the bat going into this season.

and that isn't where the problems with the rotation came from. The rotation did not perform even close to expectation. The OF didn't let them down, they just sucked.

You want to hear what I would have done? because I have no idea what Dipoto said 'not at this time' too. What a dumb post lifetime lol.

Weren't you pretty insistent that there were teams that would have traded quality pitching or pitching prospects in return for Bourjos but got turned down by Dipoto like 3 pages ago?

and that isn't where the problems with the rotation came from. The rotation did not perform even close to expectation. The OF didn't let them down, they just sucked.

You are getting closer to my point LT... we are almost there!

You want to hear what I would have done? because I have no idea what Dipoto said 'not at this time' too. What a dumb post lifetime lol.

LOL you're the one that is claiming there were options out there, you stated two teams that were supposed options, you said from what you read.... blah blah blah. So let's here it. What were they options? Who were the teams that were willing to trade good pitching for Bourjos?

Weren't you pretty insistent that there were teams that would have traded quality pitching or pitching prospects in return for Bourjos like 3 pages ago?

So do you want names of prospects from their team? Theyre not going to lowball like in fantasy baseball. Reputations and respect is on the line in real life trade discussions.

So would a 38% difference over 5 PA's be enough of a sample size for you?

The percentage difference isn't key here. Its the number of PA's difference.

uh huh, and the number is much larger with good results than it is with mediocre results. They are both small sample sizes but if one is going to argue that this year's PA in LF are a result of him playing in LF and ignore the larger sample size with the complete opposite result, they're argument is all wet. 

The articles literally said multiple pitching prospects. I trust Dipoto's ability to pick out the quality arms--if he had been looking to move Bourjos instead of roll with this all world defense look.

or perhaps the decision to roll with the defense was in large part a result of not having any real valuable trade options in return for trading Bourjos.