• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 hour ago, St1ck said:

If you guys just turned off the media you wouldn't have to do any of this. You could probably even take the day off and go to Six Flags. 

I know. It's frustrating.

That does sound like a good idea. I took my daughter to Six Flags a couple of weeks ago. I recommend the unlimited drinks bottle. It's clutch in this heat and humidity.

Today really sounds like a good day to go, but I'm here at work and she's away at summer camp for the rest of the week, so it's a no go.

Landlord out $24,000 in rent due to moratorium, while tenant buying boats

A North Carolina landlord says he is out $24,000 in unpaid rent from tenants, while one renter bought three boats over the course of the eviction moratorium just as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced a new ban that will last until Oct. 3. 

Buddy Shoup, who owns 35 properties across the state, said that he has been forced to maintain the properties and hemorrhage costs while the federal government slowly dribbles out rental assistance, of which only 7% has been doled out to renters in need.  

"[The money] was used, they went and bought brand new boats, but I mean, you know in a time of crisis like what we’ve been through, you’re evidently getting money from somewhere, but it’s not getting to me," said Shoup.

Those very same tenants allegedly contacted Shoup when their air-conditioning failed in the middle of the summer. 

Shoup was legally required to make the $4,500 repair on the residence but said he did not receive any money from the tenants or the government to cover the additional cost.

"It goes way beyond the loss of rental income, we’re still bound by county rules and laws," added Shoup. "We have to maintain the property."

19 hours ago, Tank said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/more-1-500-coronavirus-positive-205500567.html

MCALLEN, Texas — A border city in south Texas declared a local disaster this week as it struggles to respond to surging cases of the coronavirus among migrants as thousands are released by the Border Patrol onto the street every week.

Last week, a record-high 7,000 migrants were released in downtown McAllen, where they were immediately tested for the coronavirus through a city contractor. More than 1,500 people tested positive over the past seven days, according to a city document issued Wednesday, compared to a total of 7,000 confirmed cases over the past five months. Those who test positive are told to quarantine for two days but are ultimately released into the public.

There is a border crisis every year. No matter who is President. It's the job of conservative outlets like the Washington Examiner and NY Post to post these stories during a democratic presidency to stoke outrage on people who lack critical thinking skills like yourself. They then completely ignore the issue when a Republican is president, and pretend like it under control but it's not.

k?

1 hour ago, JarsOfClay said:

There is a border crisis every year. No matter who is President. It's the job of conservative outlets like the Washington Examiner and NY Post to post these stories during a democratic presidency to stoke outrage on people who lack critical thinking skills like yourself. They then completely ignore the issue when a Republican is president, and pretend like it under control but it's not.

k?

Yeah, cons thought everything was fine in regards to immigration when Trump was president. 

Ridiculous.

July set a 20 year high for crossings with over 200K people which is a 250% increase from January.  Since the current administration took over crossings have gone up every month.  The supposed plan the administration had for immigration and the border has been a complete cluster fuck and they clearly don't have an answer.  Trying to downplay it as a non-issue is the only excuse anyone has because it's been a complete failure.  Doesn't matter who is in office it's unacceptable and a slap in the face of the millions of people who came here legally and those who are still trying to do so. 

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

July set a 20 year high for crossings with over 200K people which is a 250% increase from January.  Since the current administration took over crossings have gone up every month.  The supposed plan the administration had for immigration and the border has been a complete cluster fuck and they clearly don't have an answer.  Trying to downplay it as a non-issue is the only excuse anyone has because it's been a complete failure.  Doesn't matter who is in office it's unacceptable and a slap in the face of the millions of people who came here legally and those who are still trying to do so. 

I think their plan is to allow as many in as possible. I honestly believe they are fine with illegal immigration. The ultimate goal is get them citizenship so they can vote for them in the future 

i'm amazed at each of the stories on the local news that talk about making vaccines mandatory for so many things, but not a single reporter mentions anything about opposition to this on constitutional grounds - not a single one of them. 

i've got to think a constitutional challenge to all of this is looming large on the horizon. i'd also think the ACLU would be at the front of the pack against this, but doesn't seem to be the case, and i'm surprised by that.