• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

6 minutes ago, lolok said:

The right person has to get infected and others have to be around them at the right time. It's so crazy, honestly. It takes a while to gradually spread, and then boom, it just blows up like somebody flipped a switch.

I would think the homeless have a major lack of handwashing and masks available to them, plus the lack of a healthy diet, and thus why I’m surprised it hasn’t hit them harder. Seems like if even one infected person was in any camp, things would explode. And thus, I remain surprised it hasn’t been a whole lot worse.

1 hour ago, cals said:

It is odd that they were spared before.  It’s also odd that it hasn’t hit Africa harder but I guess they don’t have the population density of India.

Who the hell knows what’s happening in Africa? Over here it’s bling bling but over there it’s bling bang. 

image.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Tank said:

I’m surprised it hasn’t run like a wild brush fire through all of the homeless camps.

Even if it did, would anyone notice?  Hell, I don't even think they would notice, they are hopped up on so many drugs and alcohol all the time.

On 4/29/2021 at 11:33 PM, cals said:

And the ones that don’t are (1) Fucking up our goal of herd immunity so we can open the US without restrictions for everyone and everything and, (2) Riding the coattails of those who were vaccinated to protect themselves for reasons that aren’t particularly clear, but are related to: (a) poor self-esteem and the need to feel “independent”, “cool” and “edgy”, (b) being of low intelligence but not understanding that one is of low intelligence, (c)  both (a) and (b) above.

Please note that claims that “the vaccine was rushed” or “i need more evidence and scientific proof” is typically about 66% “(b)” with about 20% (a), above.  (The remaining 14% obviously is “just a douchebag”.)

My favorite is that they are concerned about the long-term effect of the vaccine on their body, but have no concern whatsoever about what Covid might do to their body. 

Orange County woman's death after 2nd dose of Moderna vaccine spurs concern from family

Johnson and Johnson halted because of 1 out of 1 million deaths.  And yet, for Pfizer and Moderna, they don't even blink an eye.

Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows that in the U.S., there were less than two deaths per 100,000 COVID-19 vaccines administered. 

11 minutes ago, cals said:

If you’re going to vaccinate 350 million people, some people are going to randomly die days after for unrelated reasons.

That's enough for 40% of the country to go "See! I knew it was dangerous. I ain't a guinea pig!"

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

That's enough for 40% of the country to go "See! I knew it was dangerous. I ain't a guinea pig!"

I don’t get all the hesitancy with the vaccine. It’s not like there are people in positions of authority or are high profile that are urging people not to. I’m going to assume it’s fake shit that gets spread around on social media. Probably originating from Russia and China 

5 minutes ago, Toby Flenderson said:

I don’t get all the hesitancy with the vaccine. It’s not like there are people in positions of authority or are high profile that are urging people not to. I’m going to assume it’s fake shit that gets spread around on social media. Probably originating from Russia and China 

I think a lot of the hesitancy comes from it's still under emergency use authorization and not full FDA approval.  And before someone says emergency use is good enough.  Remember that a myriad of other drugs were emergency use, and then were pulled back.  Most notably is hydro.  But even things like the blood transfusion were peer reviewed to be practically useless.  And yet, even these are still being pushed.  

And that's actually a good thing that the FDA isn't pushing this through to full approval without doing their usual diligence.  

The other thing is once FDA does put full approval, then it frees up a lot to really push it.  Like the UC and CSU campus' requiring a vaccine.  Of course the big asterisk there is that the policy will only happen once full approval happens.  I can see the FAA, Cruise Ships, even government buildings following suit.  

Also I wonder if people are putting it off, is because rates are so low.  And there is talks of having to get a yearly booster.  So why not wait till the next season comes up?  Just speculation.   

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I think a lot of the hesitancy comes from it's still under emergency use authorization and not full FDA approval.  And before someone says emergency use is good enough.  Remember that a myriad of other drugs were emergency use, and then were pulled back.  Most notably is hydro.  But even things like the blood transfusion were peer reviewed to be practically useless.  And yet, even these are still being pushed.  

And that's actually a good thing that the FDA isn't pushing this through to full approval without doing their usual diligence.  

The other thing is once FDA does put full approval, then it frees up a lot to really push it.  Like the UC and CSU campus' requiring a vaccine.  Of course the big asterisk there is that the policy will only happen once full approval happens.  I can see the FAA, Cruise Ships, even government buildings following suit.  

Also I wonder if people are putting it off, is because rates are so low.  And there is talks of having to get a yearly booster.  So why not wait till the next season comes up?  Just speculation.   

This makes sense. For me it came down to weighing the risks. I’ve seen enough people get Covid and the effects it had on them. For me the risk of Covid complications was greater than the vaccine complications. Anyone that has a serious health issue like respiratory issues or diabetes would be foolish not to get the vaccine 

3 minutes ago, Toby Flenderson said:

This makes sense. For me it came down to weighing the risks. I’ve seen enough people get Covid and the effects it had on them. For me the risk of Covid complications was greater than the vaccine complications. Anyone that has a serious health issue like respiratory issues or diabetes would be foolish not to get the vaccine 

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't have gotten it if my friend didn't get me into a union vaccination drive.  I saw what the local CVS was doing, and fuck that.  The union place I went to I was in and out in 17 minutes.  15 of which was having to wait out the shot for reactions.  I'd probably would have waited for a spot at Kaiser to open up, since everyone I've talked to that got a shot there said it was really organized and not a PIA, but back in early April it was over a month wait as is.  Before it was open to above 50 and then everyone.

4 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

In fairness, young Americans with virtually no chance of dying have no real reason to take the vaccine. If the vaccine works, there shouldn't be all this fear from vaccinated people. What happened to my body my choice?

So you support that?

1 hour ago, Kotchman said:

In fairness, young Americans with virtually no chance of dying have no real reason to take the vaccine. If the vaccine works, there shouldn't be all this fear from vaccinated people. What happened to my body my choice?

That’s the thing with Covid, it isn’t just about dying. There’s lots of other side effects that can linger from it