• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

California's COVID rule ignored by high-profile celebrities enjoying Super Bowl

Several high-profile celebrities were shown on NBC’s telecast of the Super Bowl flouting California’s indoor mask mandate.

Social media erupted after seeing Jay-Z, Charlize Theron, LeBron James, Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck enjoying themselves at the game without a mask while they were not eating or drinking, a violation of California’s indoor mask mandate that is in place until Feb. 15.

Rules are for thee, not for me

50 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Several high-profile celebrities were shown on NBC’s telecast of the Super Bowl flouting California’s indoor mask mandate.

Social media erupted after seeing Jay-Z, Charlize Theron, LeBron James, Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck enjoying themselves at the game without a mask while they were not eating or drinking, a violation of California’s indoor mask mandate that is in place until Feb. 15.

This is only annoying because they are still making school age kids wear their masks when nobody gives a shit about them any more 

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

I Am On Fire GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

29 minutes ago, cals said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The faux outrage is gayer than 5 faggots ...

why shouldn't people be upset about this? for the second game in a row, the mayor of LA, the guy who issues these orders, is photographed hanging around without his own mask on. two weeks ago he lied poorly that he was holding his breath for the picture. meanwhile, the rest of us are under no-nonsense orders to mask up or else. doesn't the hypocrisy bother you? it bothers me because it seems like the people giving these orders and making commercials about masks and vaccines should practice what they preach.

when i see the mayor or the governor violating their own orders, it makes me seriously question the necessity of masks (especially at school where there hasn't been a single hospitalization for anyone on my campus). it also makes me seriously question if this is about more than peoples' health. you can make a solid argument that this is about control from gov't officials as much as it's about anything else, and that should bother every single one of us.

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

why shouldn't people be upset about this? for the second game in a row, the mayor of LA, the guy who issues these orders, is photographed hanging around without his own mask on. two weeks ago he lied poorly that he was holding his breath for the picture. meanwhile, the rest of us are under no-nonsense orders to mask up or else. doesn't the hypocrisy bother you? it bothers me because it seems like the people giving these orders and making commercials about masks and vaccines should practice what they preach.

when i see the mayor or the governor violating their own orders, it makes me seriously question the necessity of masks (especially at school where there hasn't been a single hospitalization for anyone on my campus). it also makes me seriously question if this is about more than peoples' health. you can make a solid argument that this is about control from gov't officials as much as it's about anything else, and that should bother every single one of us.

The post was about celebrities.

I guess I don't understand some of your plight and apologize for making light of it.  Y'all need to move to Texas then. Boys I was hanging out with don't give a rats ass about the elites, LeBron, BenloadsonJlo, etc.  I have to care about Charlize. Nope, no outrage there but we likely have different school mask rules.  Now they were all pumped up on those Canadian Truckers.  I was thinking of doing a naked Canadian Trucker calendar for them.  We have a main overpass here and the Trumpets clog it all the time but I guess they are planning to go squat on it in solidarity for fucks sake. One guy is non-vax and had it so many times he carries the cure but a couple guys were boosted at their own free will, no mandate to do it, and feel a need to go clog commerce. Radicalized people worry me more than fat Matt Damon without a mask. 

18 minutes ago, St1ck said:

The post was about celebrities.

Correct and not being required to mask up like kids in school. I don’t give a shit if someone wears a mask or not so they need to just drop the pointless mandates for them 

Edited by Jason

1 hour ago, cals said:

I see the game and see people maskless and I think, "awesome, life is almost back to normal".  You people see it and are looking for something to get your panties in a bunch over.  Who cares.  Schools will be maskless within weeks.  By the way, my kids school has been maskless since the start of the 2020 school year.

i'm glad your kids are in a school in OC. there seems to be more common sense there than where i am.

i have an administrator that is scared to death of any of our kids getting sick and then turning around and suing the school for not doing enough to keep them protected. because of that, we are all masked all the time, and if we aren't, we can expect to get reminders from her that are pointed. i can't wiggle out of this one, and neither can the other schools in my county. when the indoor mask mandate expires tomorrow, you know who won't be affected? LA county, and in particular, schools. that means i have to keep this POS on longer. if i take it off and stand firm against wearing it, i'm looking at losing my job (at worst). i can't afford to do that when i'm only five years away from retirement after a 38 year career. 

the messaging on masks has been contradictory time and time again. it's idiotic to me that i can stand two feet outside of my classroom without a mask and all is well, but once i step through the door jam, the virus, according to LA county health officials, takes on an extra powerful quality that means i have to mask up. it's frustrating to hear public officials talk about the importance of doing this, and then show up in a public place filled with 70,000 fans and there isn't a mask to be seen, thus violating their own orders. how am i supposed to feel about that, cals? should i just shrug it off and go about my day? shouid i stop caring that little children have to keep their masks on all day long at my school? should i stop caring that the 2 year olds at my daughters preschool have to wear a *&%*&$ mask whenever they're indoors? 

if you're a public official that's in charge of ordering this stuff, then dammit, follow your own directives. if you're not willing to do this, then cancel the orders. that way none of us have to worry about keeping our jobs or getting confronted by karens at stores and malls. i want to get back to normal as much as anyone else and not have to worry about my livelihood in doing so. 

Looney Tunes Animation GIF