• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

58 minutes ago, cals said:

Can we play “Am I the Asshole?” for a minute?

Now, putting aside that your first instinct is to say “Stopped at ‘asshole’, answer is yes”, take a listen to my story.

Some members of my family were supposed to come over today for a bbq but my littlest got a running nose and other cold symptoms yesterday and then late last night she ran a fever of 102.5.  So we told my family this morning we would put the bbq off until Sunday and if she was better than we’d do it then.  Well she’s had no fever all day, she’s been energetic and playful and clearly has a bit of a cold.  My brother and his family all had COVID last month and are vaccinated.  My nephew’s wife is 6 months pregnant and they’re both vaccinated.

So now they’re basically saying they won’t come over unless we give my 4 year old a rapid.   She’s had probably 5-6 done over the past year and a half and she understandably does not enjoy the brain poke.

My wife and I don’t really want to subject her to that and I told my brother I’m 99% sure it’s just a cold and given that fact he’s more likely to get that cold than COVID if she actually had COVID.

Am I the asshole for not wanting to give my kid the test so they’re not worried about it at the bbq? 

No but This is exactly the divide Half Pint and politicians desire. 

11 hours ago, cals said:

Can we play “Am I the Asshole?” for a minute?

The answer is yes. Oh, there's more...

11 hours ago, cals said:

Now, putting aside that your first instinct is to say “Stopped at ‘asshole’, answer is yes”, take a listen to my story.

Some members of my family were supposed to come over today for a bbq but my littlest got a running nose and other cold symptoms yesterday and then late last night she ran a fever of 102.5.  So we told my family this morning we would put the bbq off until Sunday and if she was better than we’d do it then.  Well she’s had no fever all day, she’s been energetic and playful and clearly has a bit of a cold.  My brother and his family all had COVID last month and are vaccinated.  My nephew’s wife is 6 months pregnant and they’re both vaccinated.

So now they’re basically saying they won’t come over unless we give my 4 year old a rapid.   She’s had probably 5-6 done over the past year and a half and she understandably does not enjoy the brain poke.

My wife and I don’t really want to subject her to that and I told my brother I’m 99% sure it’s just a cold and given that fact he’s more likely to get that cold than COVID if she actually had COVID.

Am I the asshole for not wanting to give my kid the test so they’re not worried about it at the bbq? 

Not for this, but yes.

Americans may have to wait to access pill 90% effective at preventing severe COVID

The new Pfizer COVID-19 pill may not see Emergency Use Authorization for another month as health officials continue to highlight the promising effects it may bring. 

Dr. Anthony Fauci praised the data presented by Pfizer regarding the COVID pill, which someone would take within 48 hours of showing symptoms and continue to take for three to five days.

Initial trial data indicates that the pill is up to 90% effective at preventing serious illness and death, which has prompted Pfizer and officials to seek Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). Under the authorization, hospitals could administer the pill for treatment in extreme cases. 

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Americans may have to wait to access pill 90% effective at preventing severe COVID

The new Pfizer COVID-19 pill may not see Emergency Use Authorization for another month as health officials continue to highlight the promising effects it may bring. 

Dr. Anthony Fauci praised the data presented by Pfizer regarding the COVID pill, which someone would take within 48 hours of showing symptoms and continue to take for three to five days.

Initial trial data indicates that the pill is up to 90% effective at preventing serious illness and death, which has prompted Pfizer and officials to seek Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). Under the authorization, hospitals could administer the pill for treatment in extreme cases. 

FYI. The pill is more likely than the vaccine to contain a tracking chip. The chip will lodge itself into your colon. On top of monitoring your daily life, it will monitor how full of shit someone is. 

Edited by Jason

52 minutes ago, Jason said:

FYI. The pill is more likely than the vaccine to contain a tracking chip. The chip will lodge itself into your colon. On top of monitoring your daily life, it will monitor how full of shit someone is. 

So politicians are going to be the early adopters of this new vaccine?

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Does this mean assholes will be monitored.  Sounds like a job for not Blarg.