• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

8 minutes ago, cals said:

The only difference DS, is that you are sympathetic with some of the positions held by these other morons. 

I don't know about that, but I do have a basic human trait known as empathy. It serves no useful purpose to take pleasure in the suffering of others.

But by all means continue to be a c*nt about it. I'm just ranting.

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

2 hours ago, Crampknees said:

I would trust any science, even the fatberg flusher and rat exerciser over any radicalized dipshit in a MAGA hat trying to assert themselves as the smart one without actually having to provide reasoning for their belief, other than the conspiracy theory they found online.  

I don't trust either one because no one actually knows jack shit about this virus

2 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

To be serious for a second, I think it's really sad and pathetic that something like the HermanCainAward subreddit exists and is popular (as shown by @RallyMo's spamming of it). 99% of the posts here and posts from myself shouldn't be taken seriously, but this actually legitimately bothers me.

I mean really, regardless of how you feel about people who don't take covid seriously or whatever it's kind of a mix of cultish behavior and dehumanization to take glee in the suffering of others. It just shows how little care people have for one another when behind a screen on the internet.

I think it's absolutely disingenuous for you to try and draw some line here when it comes to dehumanization and cultish behavior, this board has been full if it since it was started. 

For what it's worth,, I don't take actual joy in this happening. What's happened to these people is actually incredibly sad. These are truly interesting sociological case studies. Misinformation being spread for self interest and $$$$ (Candace Owens, etc) has led to the deaths of many people. That's completely reprehensible. Most people that have died due to lack of vaccination are just misinformed, and tragically so. I have a great deal of empathy for these people.

When one of those talking heads from the radio who has been spewing anti vaccine garbage that kills those in their flock kicks the bucket due to COVID, that's poetic justice. Screw those people.

Just now, RallyMo said:

I think it's absolutely disingenuous for you to try and draw some line here when it comes to dehumanization and cultish behavior, this board has been full if it since it was started. 

For what it's worth,, I don't take actual joy in this happening. What's happened to these people is actually incredibly sad. These are truly interesting sociological case studies. Misinformation being spread for self interest and $$$$ (Candace Owens, etc) has led to the deaths of many people. That's completely reprehensible. Most people that have died due to lack of vaccination are just misinformed, and tragically so. I have a great deal of empathy for these people.

When one of those talking heads from the radio who has been spewing anti vaccine garbage that kills those in their flock kicks the bucket due to COVID, that's poetic justice. Screw those people.

What specific misinformation are you talking about?

28 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

What specific misinformation are you talking about?

Specifically, in the case of Owens, she's compared vaccine efficacy rates with COVID survival rates when they have absolutely nothing do with one another when placed alongside each other as a means of determining vaccine necessity. Then you get people who see this shit and decide not to get the vaccine even though they're definitely not representative of the overall survival rate. These people are stuck in an echo chamber so they don't receive any other info. Some of them get COVID and they suffer and some of those people die.

Candace Owens, meanwhile, watches the funds dump into her account. 

34 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Oof

Since Breaking9💯 doesn't post the actual article.

CDC panel recommends Pfizer, Moderna vaccines over J&J shot | AP News
https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-science-business-health-coronavirus-vaccine-dee1a2f0becff4090aa2775b19f04158

While it’s still rare, the Food and Drug Administration told health care providers this week that more cases have occurred since the spring. They occur most in women between 30 and 49 -- about once for every 100,000 doses administered, the FDA said.

Overall, the government has confirmed 54 clot cases in both women and men, and nine deaths that included two men, Dr. Isaac See of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday. He said two additional deaths are suspected.

Edited by St1ck

11 minutes ago, cals said:

Larry you stupid fucker.  We’ve been telling you for months, if not longer, that a vaccine resistant variant was inevitable if we didn’t get everyone vaxxed.  Now some aids infected Larry in Africa has given COVID the host it needed to become Omi.  What we said would happen has happened.  

That said, the pandemic will be over by Spring as Omi burns through the Larrys of the world like wildfire and takes some Blargs and FS’s with it along the way.

But acting like you’ve been vindicated is pretty disingenuous.

I get all of that but what I don't get is why I'm supposed to give a shit about Omicron when it's clearly a weaker variant.

31 minutes ago, cals said:

And St1ck, could you remind me how many people out of 100,000 that actually get covid suffer from serious blot clots?

Remind me of how many people my age in good health have serious complications from Omicron or whatever TF it's called.

1 hour ago, cals said:

I don't think they know that for sure, but it does seem like that is the case.  The problem is even if it sends 1/10 of the amount of people to the hospital that Delta did it will still overwhelm the medical system because it's also so much more contagious.  So precautions are being taken.  I won't wear a mask unless told, but I understand the desire to be cautious at this point, at least temporarily.

If this shit isn't over by March or April, then you can all say I told you so.  If restrictions and fearmongering continue, then I'll reassess my position. 

Well the whole world will never be at a 100% vaccination rate, or really even close to it, so if you think that this is what needs to be done for Omicron, you're essentially saying the world should be on a rinse-repeat cycle of no restrictions > new variant starts spreading, restrictions back in until the new vaccine comes out > people begin getting vaccinated again > restrictions go away.  At what point do we start saying this is ridiculous?