• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

They will but they won’t like it 

Completely agree. They want it to continue. That's why they have always downplayed it, discouraged vaccines, peddled bullshit remedies, and attacked attacked medical professionals. All while they worked from home and had vaccine mandates at their own work place. 

24 minutes ago, St1ck said:

Completely agree. They want it to continue. That's why they have always downplayed it, discouraged vaccines, peddled bullshit remedies, and attacked attacked medical professionals. All while they worked from home and had vaccine mandates at their own work place. 

Let’s be fair. I’m not against the vaccine. That said it isn’t anymore effective than ivermectin. You can make the argument that vaccinated countries have done worse. The vaccine became a political wedge that politicians used to further split the country. If the fight was truly about saving lives we would have updated the vaccine months ago.  We have people who taking a 3rd dose in less than a year. We can and should do better. I believe the vaccine is mostly safe but there are side effects and those likely increase with every dose. It’s time to move past this vaccine with better and safer options. That requires Shartman, Fauci, and the fda to open up the market. Instead we get weekly interviews of them promoting doom and gloom. 

14 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Let’s be fair. I’m not against the vaccine. That said it isn’t anymore effective than ivermectin. You can make the argument that vaccinated countries have done worse. The vaccine became a political wedge that politicians used to further split the country. If the fight was truly about saving lives we would have updated the vaccine months ago.  We have people who taking a 3rd dose in less than a year. We can and should do better. I believe the vaccine is mostly safe but there are side effects and those likely increase with every dose. It’s time to move past this vaccine with better and safer options. That requires Shartman, Fauci, and the fda to open up the market. Instead we get weekly interviews of them promoting doom and gloom. 

Agreed. Sucks that they would do that. Especially when they themselves are vaccinated. 

2 hours ago, St1ck said:

Agreed. Sucks that they would do that. Especially when they themselves are vaccinated. 

I’m not convinced all these politicians are vaccinated. They lie all the time so this wouldn’t be the first lie. My complaint is that we’ve spent more time and energy pushing a half ass vaccine than we have on moving the country forward. Unvaccinated Americans aren’t killing anyone but maybe themselves and that’s debatable. Weight and genetics probably are more important than vaccination status for survival. The press is quick to shame anti vaxers yet never press the issue on newer and better options. The President ordered a billion tests to verify Americans have the least potent strain we’ve seen. More testing isn’t the way out of this pandemic. However it is the way to achieve high case counts ,justify restrictions , and ultimately another election proctored by the post office. 

3 hours ago, mmc said:

Why do these sites still mostly focus on new cases?  Not even close to being the most important statistic.  Hospitalization rate and deaths are a much better indication of how screwed we are

Very true but one of the media’s goal is to keep people in fear. They will get more clicks and viewers that way 

14 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I was just thinking about this some more.  If this is true.  Notice the difference between non profit research and for profit research?  Non Profit research, we may have a vaccine that is effective against all variants of Covid.  For profit research.  We have a vaccine that's good for Alpha, maybe delta, but you need boosters.  And more boosters next year when we make an Omicron vaccine.  And probably another for Pi and Sigma and Omega and etc.

23 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I was just thinking about this some more.  If this is true.  Notice the difference between non profit research and for profit research?  Non Profit research, we may have a vaccine that is effective against all variants of Covid.  For profit research.  We have a vaccine that's good for Alpha, maybe delta, but you need boosters.  And more boosters next year when we make an Omicron vaccine.  And probably another for Pi and Sigma and Omega and etc.

Interesting take. 

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Or maybe they were able to take all of the data accumulated from the last two years and go a different direction because the emphasis is no longer on getting it out to mass production and distribution and now focusing on varients. With no pressure to combat one known virus at "Warp Speed" they had time to experiment on a broader level using existing data instead of data creation. 

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Or maybe they were able to take all of the data accumulated from the last two years and go a different direction because the emphasis is no longer on getting it out to mass production and distribution and now focusing on varients. With no pressure to combat one known virus at "Warp Speed" they had time to experiment on a broader level using existing data instead of data creation. 

This

On 12/22/2021 at 11:02 AM, Angel Oracle said:

And now, the Gator Bowl is about to be cancelled due to too many aTm players being in protocols?

This isn’t the Poulin Weed Eater Bowl.

Gator Bowl is annually one of the top 10 bowl games.

All over a reportedly milder version of CoVid!

It's a Holiday miracle! 

Sources: Rutgers to replace A&M in Gator Bowl
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32930171/rutgers-accepts-invite-replacement-team-gator-bowl-play-wake-forest-sources-say

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

So I have seen several commercials lately and a disclaimer pops up that reads “some images recorded prior to Covid-19”. I’m trying to figure out why that would matter to anyone when a commercial was filmed. 

I've never seen that. Maybe it's just a Newsmax thing. 

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

So I have seen several commercials lately and a disclaimer pops up that reads “some images recorded prior to Covid-19”. I’m trying to figure out why that would matter to anyone when a commercial was filmed. 

So people don't whine about there being large groups of people with no masks

College Football Playoff Announces COVID-19 Post-Season Policies

I wonder what the bets in Vegas are like?

1. Playoff Semifinals (Cotton and Orange Bowls) if one team is unavailable to play – The unavailable team shall forfeit the game and its opponent would advance to the national championship game.

2. Playoff Semifinals (Cotton and Orange Bowls) if both teams are unavailable to play in one semifinal – The semifinal game would be declared "no contest" and the team winning the other semifinal game would be declared the CFP National Champion.

3. Playoff Semifinals (Cotton and Orange Bowls) if three teams are unavailable to play – The semifinal game in which two teams are unable to play would be declared "no contest." In the other semifinal game, the team unable to play shall forfeit the game and its opponent would be declared CFP National Champion.

4. CFP National Championship – If the team's unavailability is determined after the Playoff Semifinals have been conducted, the national championship game in Indianapolis may be rescheduled to no later than Friday, January 14. If one team is able to play and the other is not and the game cannot be rescheduled or is rescheduled and cannot be played, then the team unable to play shall forfeit the game and the other team shall be declared CFP National Champion. If both teams are unable to play on either an original or rescheduled date, then the game shall be declared "no contest" and the CFP National Championship shall be vacated for this season.