• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

58 minutes ago, mmc said:

My Christmas gathering will be significantly smaller this year.  My great aunt isn’t letting anyone over who isn’t vaccinated, which my great uncle and his family are not.  Probably one of the nicest relatives I have but man that guy went off the deep end.  Flipped out and called everyone in my family because his son (he for some reason didn’t have kids until his late 50s so the guys in his 70s with high school kids) is friends with some bi chick and spends his retired life standing outside of his church with a gun, because apparently someone needs to be there to protect it at all times.  Constantly buying mass quantities of shit at Costco because he thinks the left is going to bring about the collapse of society any day. I’ll miss seeing him though

@EnglishCop I know I’m asking a lot of you here, but is there a way to decipher this? The details sound fairly interesting, but I think mmc might have been using shitty translation software or something.

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

19 hours ago, Blarg said:

Last weekend I had to cancel out on a Triumph Club gathering because someone at the office tested positive for Covid and I didn't want to be the one killing off all the 70-80 year old members but the end result would have been a lot of nice cars up for sale. 

Modern day catch-22.

Part of the problem with calling it a vaccine is that we’re all used to vaccines meaning we can’t catch something (smallpox, measles, etc.). This vaccine just lessons the effects of catching the virus, though there are some who can still die. 
For those of you in medical work, is there a better word to use instead of vaccine?

From a week ago but I haven't seen this one:

Most reported U.S. Omicron cases have hit the fully vaccinated -CDC

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/most-reported-us-omicron-cases-have-hit-fully-vaccinated-cdc-2021-12-10/

Most of the 43 COVID-19 cases caused by the Omicron variant identified in the United States so far were in people who were fully vaccinated, and a third of them had received a booster dose, according to a U.S. report published on Friday.

18 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

And now, the Gator Bowl is about to be cancelled due to too many aTm players being in protocols?

This isn’t the Poulin Weed Eater Bowl.

Gator Bowl is annually one of the top 10 bowl games.

All over a reportedly milder version of CoVid!

This must be what the people on the top floors of the World Trade Towers felt like on 9/11. The Gator Bowl is a December 30th tradition that should never be messed with. 

WHO says vaccine booster programs will prolong Covid crisis: ‘No country can boost its way out of the pandemic’

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/22/who-says-covid-vaccine-booster-programs-will-prolong-pandemic.html

“Blanket booster programs are likely to prolong the pandemic, rather than ending it, by diverting supply to countries that already have high levels of vaccination coverage, giving the virus more opportunity to spread and mutate,” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said during a news briefing.

The comments from the WHO come as health officials in the U.S. promote vaccine booster shots for all residents over the age of 16 amid a surge in Covid cases driven by the omicron strain. Israel on Tuesday announced it would offer a fourth dose of Covid-19 vaccines to people older than 60.

31 minutes ago, Jay said:

WHO says vaccine booster programs will prolong Covid crisis: ‘No country can boost its way out of the pandemic’

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/22/who-says-covid-vaccine-booster-programs-will-prolong-pandemic.html

“Blanket booster programs are likely to prolong the pandemic, rather than ending it, by diverting supply to countries that already have high levels of vaccination coverage, giving the virus more opportunity to spread and mutate,” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said during a news briefing.

The comments from the WHO come as health officials in the U.S. promote vaccine booster shots for all residents over the age of 16 amid a surge in Covid cases driven by the omicron strain. Israel on Tuesday announced it would offer a fourth dose of Covid-19 vaccines to people older than 60.

It also prolongs universal mail in ballots which is the ultimate end game

20 minutes ago, cals said:

I don’t think the medical community needs to create a new word for you since you’ve misunderstood vaccines.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/conversations/understanding-vacc-work.html

okay, boomer.

getting the COVID vaccine does not prevent you from getting COVID. 

4 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Omicron is god’s gift to us unvaxxed. A mild cold with the bonus of Covid-19 immunity. No need for shots or pills. 

Maybe but remember, corona viruses are resistant to natural immunity. That's why we repeatedly catch colds. Our best hope is that Covid-19 weakens as it mutates but who knows what this Chinese made shit will do.