• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Toughest non playoff games you remember watching

notherhalo

If we're talking games seen live, i'm going with the game against the Yankees in 2018 where GRich gave up like 10 runs within the first 2 innings. I think that was the game where Didi Gregorious took a curtain call at Angel Stadium.

Never had the game ruined quite so quickly. Being surrounded by Yankee homo assholes (with the most obnoxious directly behind me) during that game was so depressing.

1 minute ago, SoPas Angel said:

Fenway. I hate that place. 

Yeah it was Fenway. Of course it was Fenway. That place is Hell for the Angels. 

Took me about 9 years to witness a win there. And my family all got called bandwagon fans by a drunk chowd c*nt on the subway afterwards.

28 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

If we're talking games seen live, i'm going with the game against the Yankees in 2018 where GRich gave up like 10 runs within the first 2 innings. I think that was the game where Didi Gregorious took a curtain call at Angel Stadium.

Never had the game ruined quite so quickly. Being surrounded by Yankee homo assholes (with the most obnoxious directly behind me) during that game was so depressing.

I was also at this game.  Extremely fucked vibes. 

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Yeah it was Fenway. Of course it was Fenway. That place is Hell for the Angels. 

Took me about 9 years to witness a win there. And my family all got called bandwagon fans by a drunk chowd c*nt on the subway afterwards.

Lmao.  Imagine being IN BOSTON and calling others bandwagon fans.  Psychotic.  

3 minutes ago, Φαήλος said:

Oh yeah that’s right. For some reason I thought they were playing the Orioles

It's understandable - there are lots of "oh shit" moments with Richards to keep track of. You also had him coming out of the game at Texas grabbing his forearm and then we were told it was "dehydration." And then two years later he came out of the game at home against the Mariners in the 3rd inning, looking like he was going to cry. (By that point we all knew what it meant.)

16 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Lmao.  Imagine being IN BOSTON and calling others bandwagon fans.  Psychotic.  

Well it was 2003 so technically it was before their first championship in 86 years. 

But regardless, Boston still had a ton of fair weather fans and bandwagonners at that point. People wanted to follow the "underdog" who still won a ton but wasn't as successful as the Yankees.

Also, Red Sox fans are c*nts.

6 hours ago, SoPas Angel said:

August 1, 2012: blowing a six-run lead at Texas while battling them for the Division lead.

Kendrys thrown out at home with a one-run lead in the 9th while Bourjos sat on the bench (when everyone on this board was screaming for him to pinch run). Kinsler hits a home run in the bottom of the 9th to send the game to extras. 

Albert and Ianneta both hit homers in the 10th to take a three-run lead. Texas scores four in the bottom of the 10th to walk off. 

More than 7 years later and I still feel sick remembering that game. 

I couldn't recall this game until you got to the part about the back-to-back homers in the 10th. Now I remember. 😞

3 hours ago, nate said:

First game I took my daughter to.

Great seats, awful game.  Oakland beat the Angels 6-0, Bartolo Colon (pitching for Oakland) threw 39 strikes in a row at one point.  39 in a row, let that sink in.

sounds like exactly the right game to calibrate her Angels fandom tbh. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Worst regular season game in person?

Has to be the 2010 AW fanfest night game vs KC, where Bruce Chen actually no-hit the Halos for 6 innings, and the Halos scored just 1 run and lost, one of many AW night losses for the Halos.  

The ONLY AW fanfest night that I attended where the Halos won was in 2013, thanks to amazingly Hamilton's walkoff HR in extra innings.,