• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Offensively

Torridd

2 hours ago, GregAlso said:

Based on anyone who can really project next year’s stats we have a top 5 offense. I triple dog dare you to pull up any of the publicly available projection systems, even ZiPs which is notoriously conservative, and find one where your prediction is even close. I mean where we are even 9th in the league in offense. Seriously try that. When you fail, because you will, Come back and apologize for your stupidity. Then strive to be a more realistic person, which I know is a lot to ask of you. 

If he is incapable of pulling his head out why do you think he would be capable of pulling projections out?

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Maddon said he might be open to letting him hit on the days he pitches.  So I don’t know.  They need his bat in the line up as often as possible.  Definitely no more kiddie glove stuff.  

I’m almost positive they will kiddie glove him coming off of surgery, and they should.  

Ok, I think it's reasonable to put us in the top third of MLB offenses.     

If we want to get unreasonable and say everyone stays/gets healthy, plays up to their abilities...we could be crazy good.   I'm already looking forward to seeing opposing pitchers try to figure out how to pitch to Trout with LaStella on base and Rendon, Ohtani and Upton waiting for their turns at the plate.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think by 2021 we'll have a top 3 offense. 

Jo Adell would most likely a full to half a year of seeing big league pitching, Ohtani will be in year 4 of the big leagues and I think there's a really good shot at us signing Realmuto at C which will significantly boost our lineup. Also, Pujols will either be retired (hoping) or relegated to pinch hitting which means we'll see more of Thaiss or La Stella (if he's still around), hell anyone at that position.

Maybe Marsh is in LF and Upton gets at bats against just lefties and some work at DH on Ohtani's pitching days.

But yeah, a top 5 offense isn't too shabby.

38 minutes ago, Bronson said:

You really think we have a shot at signing Realmuto? That would be insane if we did. 

Maybe that’s why we only gave Castro a 1 year deal. 

The Phillies are supposedly trying to extend Realmuto so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

However, signing Castro on a one-year deal does leave options open for Eppler. Tyler Flowers will be a free agent after this season and he has consistently been a top-tier defensive catcher. It leaves the option open which would be great if J.T. entered the market but it seems unlikely right at this moment.

2 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Arrogant much?

Arrogant- having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities:

🤔 hmm, what did I say that had anything to do with me or my abilities? 

I challenged someone who is talking, without knowledge or any info except his own pessimism, to look at facts. I challenged a person who is just spouting non-sense to look at what professionals and experts are saying about our team. The same experts that predicted we wouldn’t be good in the past and were right. These same experts are predicting different things about our offense now, nearly unanimously. Any one expert could be wrong but when they are all basically in agreement that is not likely to be wrong at all. 

I challenged someone, who has already responded with the fact he doesn’t care what any experts say he believes what he believes. “There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation.” This is what i see happening and so to break through that you demand he investigate. He didn’t and will never because he enjoys being a pessimist. He claims to be a realist but so do most pessimists. 

I am confident in the answers I suggested he look into. Maybe that’s what you’re calling arrogance. Confidence and truth are what I’m projecting, not sure what you’re seeing. 

31 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If he is incapable of pulling his head out why do you think he would be capable of pulling projections out?

Sometimes I just get tired of his act and figure someone needs to try to shut him up. His chicken little act is irritating. Is there a way to hide all posts from one person? @Chuckster70?

3 minutes ago, GregAlso said:

Sometimes I just get tired of his act and figure someone needs to try to shut him up. His chicken little act is irritating. Is there a way to hide all posts from one person? @Chuckster70?

I will work on this later today, but yes there's a way to ignore members posts just like muting someone on Twitter and unfollowing someone on Facebook. 

14 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

To get even a slight improvement in pitching you would have to trade a substantial piece of the offense away. Laws of supply & demand. 

In 2002 I seem to remember the Angels having a very good offense. Very good bullpen. Below average starting pitching & winning a WS.

This is correct! 

I see some similarities in both teams. 

16 minutes ago, Griffey's Corner said:

To get even a slight improvement in pitching you would have to trade a substantial piece of the offense away. Laws of supply & demand. 

In 2002 I seem to remember the Angels having a very good offense. Very good bullpen. Below average starting pitching & winning a WS.

Also, 2002, 2020... just saying.

1 hour ago, ettin said:

The Phillies are supposedly trying to extend Realmuto so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

However, signing Castro on a one-year deal does leave options open for Eppler. Tyler Flowers will be a free agent after this season and he has consistently been a top-tier defensive catcher. It leaves the option open which would be great if J.T. entered the market but it seems unlikely right at this moment.

Likely true, and in the end we need a long term solution, im assuming they simply dont see Castro as that, rightfully so at 32.   Other options will be out there next off season. 

39 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Um, no...

image.png

image.png

They weren't shitty that year. That's probably why we won. But Ortiz was a garbage pitcher aside from pretty much that year. Washburn was solid but more of a 4+ ERA guy with a 5 K/9 rate...lol crazy to look at those numbers now.. Appier was the best of the bunch career wise and he was on the downside of his career when we won.  He was still a horse though. Sele was more trash. Lackey was solid.

To be honest, I look at that rotation and I have no idea how they got it done. But they did...because that's baseball. The team was firing on all cylinders.

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

They weren't shitty that year. That's probably why we won. But Ortiz was a garbage pitcher aside from pretty much that year. Washburn was solid but more of a 4+ ERA guy with a 5 K/9 rate...lol crazy to look at those numbers now.. Appier was the best of the bunch career wise and he was on the downside of his career when we won.  He was still a horse though. Sele was more trash. Lackey was solid.

To be honest, I look at that rotation and I have no idea how they got it done. But they did...because that's baseball. The team was firing on all cylinders.

We won with power, timely hitting, an above average rotation and the best bullpen in the American League with Weber, Donelly, Shields, KRod (5.2 IP in the regular season, 18.2 IP in the playoffs) and Percival. 

7 hours ago, GregAlso said:

Based on anyone who can really project next year’s stats we have a top 5 offense. I triple dog dare you to pull up any of the publicly available projection systems, even ZiPs which is notoriously conservative, and find one where your prediction is even close. I mean where we are even 9th in the league in offense. Seriously try that. When you fail, because you will, Come back and apologize for your stupidity. Then strive to be a more realistic person, which I know is a lot to ask of you. 

I will let you know as soon as I get my 2020 edition of Strat-o-matic.

8 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think by 2021 we'll have a top 3 offense. 

Jo Adell would most likely a full to half a year of seeing big league pitching, Ohtani will be in year 4 of the big leagues and I think there's a really good shot at us signing Realmuto at C which will significantly boost our lineup. Also, Pujols will either be retired (hoping) or relegated to pinch hitting which means we'll see more of Thaiss or La Stella (if he's still around), hell anyone at that position.

Maybe Marsh is in LF and Upton gets at bats against just lefties and some work at DH on Ohtani's pitching days.

But yeah, a top 5 offense isn't too shabby.

I've been thinking about Realmuto for a year now. If the Angels can get an ace (maybe I'd stand pat with Boyd for not giving up Marsh), then the Angels could make a Realmuto signing become reality. I'd like to see them get Stroman first though. Offense is already set, Realmuto is just gravy. They should put full focus on pitching now.